Views: 36061|Replies: 22

My Dream as an American Minority [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-9-24 07:33:08 |Display all floors
This post was edited by AmericanDream at 2017-9-24 13:09

Hello,

It is my understanding that China Daily wants to learn about the American Dreams of individuals belonging to minority groups in America.

Well, I am an American minority, and I have a dream.  My dream is to be able to live a middle cla$$ life in Manhattan, New York City and use my spare time studying the universe, such as physics, neuroscience, mathematics, and philosophy.  I want to know the true nature of all of reality.

I also want to spend part of my spare time fighting against injustices.  For example, I want to help end all poverty in America.  I want to help build upon our public economic support systems to ensure people in poverty no longer suffer and have their basic living necessities materialize.

Also, I want to help end racism and hate in the world.  I want to help stop racism against African-Americans, Hispanic-Americans, and LGBT-Americans.  I think everyone in America has a right to be happy and fulfill their dreams.

In addition, I want to help stop antisemitism and help Israeli-Americans and Israeli people all around the world improve their lives.  I want to help keep Israel safe and help them re-establish their ancestral borders.

Finally, I am a patriotic citizen of America, and I want to do my part to help fight terrorism.  Almost all of the terrorism around the world, especially in Europe and the United States, has been linked to specifically three regimes: Iran, Syria, and Pakistan.  This problem needs to be remedied, and I would like to help out in any way I can.

This is my American Dream.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-9-24 09:36:21 |Display all floors

Your dream is wholeso9me and good but it is not too popular. Most people - in the U.S.A. and elsewhere - just dream about getting rich at other people's expense and they don't care about injustices that affect OTHERS. The Chinese are no different in this regard.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-24 13:24:37 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-9-24 09:36
Your dream is wholeso9me and good but it is not too popular. Most people - in the U.S.A. and elsew ...

I have always considered most people to be good and have good hearts, and if there are some who clearly are acting in morally questionable ways, I have tended to put the blame on poor community leadership.

As I see it, people are born tabula rasa, and the morality they end up displaying is the result of their community leadership who run mediums of influence, such as the education system, the media, churches, and so forth.  Sometimes, corrupt leaders gain control, and corrupt the morality of followers for personal gain.

As such, I have always suggested targeting the corrupt leaders, while understanding that the followers are victims.  Most people are naturally followers and don't necessarily have the ability to discern good from evil sometimes; only the extremely few have the ability to reach the positions of mass moral influence, individuals who naturally have the ability for clear philosophical and moral insight and understanding.  Sometimes, these individuals abuse their cognitive gifts for personal gain, e.g., the current leaders of Iran, Pakistan, and Syria.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-24 14:59:26 |Display all floors
AmericanDream Post time: 2017-9-24 13:24
I have always considered most people to be good and have good hearts, and if there are some who cl ...

Your beliefs are common in N America but not elsewhere. Frankly, I don't believe people are born "good". It is wrong to always blame circumstances and governments for one's own shortcomings. some of the most ill-intentioned individuals are young children born with a silver spoon in their mouths.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-24 16:32:45 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-9-24 14:59
Your beliefs are common in N America but not elsewhere. Frankly, I don't believe people are born ...

How can a child do good if not taught to do good?  Can one expect much from the child of a Nazi, if the child from birth has been taught that evil is good, and good is evil?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-24 20:06:51 |Display all floors
AmericanDream Post time: 2017-9-24 16:32
How can a child do good if not taught to do good?  Can one expect much from the child of a Nazi, i ...

Thus you expressed the fact that children are not born "good". hey have to be taught to be good.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-24 20:42:31 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-9-24 20:06
Thus you expressed the fact that children are not born "good". hey have to be taught to be good.

Yes, this was my intention, that we are born as tabula rasa, as blank slates, neither good nor bad, but waiting to be encultured by those who control culture.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.