Author: sfphoto

Should CD Forum implement real name registration?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-9-25 19:37:42 |Display all floors
I'm thinking of an END-OF-YEAR/CHRISTMAS PARTY for CD forumites to see each other and get to know each other better.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-25 19:42:29 |Display all floors
It may become a tradition for yearly gathering for 'dilligent' forumites to relax, have fun in an informal socializing atmosphere.  It's fun - pay by yourself though.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-25 19:55:20 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Yin_99 at 2017-9-25 19:58

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-25 20:33:09 |Display all floors
I won’t say a lot and will probably delete this later when the personal attacks start, because I see some trolls are already here.

Free speech and anything goes is the excuse trolls favour, because without it they couldn’t exist.
The forum is private property, you don’t have the right of free speech. If you want free speech, go out into the Chinese streets and shout the China bashing many of you post here and see what happens. Alternatively, go onto any western forum and criticise that country and see how long you last and finally, why would anyone in the west feel the need to go on a Chinese website if they’ve nothing positive to say about China - except to troll.

China is not like the west and thank goodness, doesn’t want to be. If you let this carry on, you will eventually lose this forum, because the trolls, baiters and bashers will increase when they find it’s about the only forum on the Internet with a ‘Trolls Welcome’ sign.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Valuable Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Valuable Member

Post time 2017-9-25 20:47:06 |Display all floors
cmknight Post time: 2017-9-23 22:22
Most people do not use "not-for-free" email accounts. Also, if you think people are going to send  ...

It's a one way transmission and Tencent use it on Wechat to verify phone numbers as do a few other sites including Youku.  You still have a nickname/handle on here but the powers that be know you are a unique individual and not a ghost.

Most Internet companies include a mailbox as part of their access package.  If in China you can use your QQ identification or Wechat etc.  If your ISP doesn't have a free email address as part of the package you can buy one for a couple of bucks a month on average.

BTW, the cost of sending SMS confirmation codes via the net is a fraction of a cent.  The reply can be via a website.

I guess you don't know a great deal about internet systems and protocols etc.

One last thing, this BBS is operated under Chinese Law and the courts for legal issues to be settled are in China.  This is quite normal practice too.  Most sites operate under the jurisdiction of the country of origin of the BBS and are bound by such laws.

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-25 20:48:18 |Display all floors
Thankopam Post time: 2017-9-25 04:31
good just smile some time

Smile all the time

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-25 21:41:15 |Display all floors
JohnV Post time: 2017-9-25 20:33
I won’t say a lot and will probably delete this later when the personal attacks start, because I se ...

So your solution for a better forum - remember what forum means - is one where criticism of Chinese government should not acceptable?

You are about twenty years behind the times. And I assume you cannot read any Chinese for if you did you would realize that there are plenty of fora in China where the government is criticized regulalry. It is organized dissent the government cracks down on not criticism.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.