Author: sfphoto

Should CD Forum implement real name registration?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-9-23 22:39:39 |Display all floors
cmknight Post time: 2017-9-23 22:06
Sorry, sunshine but Freedom of Speech means you have the right to say most anything you want to sa ...
Freedom of Speech means you have the right to say [...] As long as you're not inciting crime

Well, that's where it fails. Laws in some countries are very different from others - things that are part of civil society somewhere, may be crime somewhere else. Personally I'm more critical of such laws, and such legal systems, in general.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-24 00:18:32 |Display all floors
I always use my correct name everywhere and see no problem with that matter. At the same time, there may be those who, for various reasons, can not use their correct identity, and they should also be considered in general as well.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-24 11:40:48 |Display all floors
This post was edited by interethnic at 2017-9-24 12:12

Never,The first principle should be based Privacy Protection like the ticket between Guangzhou East Railway Station with Hongkong Kowloon.
Wechat:peterpooo, SINA:潘彬峰,Twitter:Banfenv,

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-24 13:33:39 |Display all floors
This post was edited by pnp at 2017-9-24 14:53

Real name registration would kill off Forum instanly!  Identity theft in China is rife, with many victims falling prey.  Forumites would naturally shy away if implemented.  CD should be careful not to throw the baby out with the bath water in its enthusiasm to rein in errant posters by introfducing real name registration.  Forum is a good channel for the public to express their opinion, and helpful for the government to know what the people think of its policies.  Muzzling forum is counterproductive.  Better that the mods step up their efforts to weed out the troublemakers than kill off discussion by demanding real name regn.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-24 15:15:16 |Display all floors
coralbay Post time: 2017-9-23 16:30
I am not the one shouting down or trying to ban posters because I don't like their views. I don't  ...

If you "don't chase around the forum", why am I getting replies from you wherever I am posting? Are you not chasing me around the forum? You do that because I have opposing views from yours. You seem to have such hatred for pro-China posts. You are guilty of what you accuse me of, definitely. You see, it is not just what you say but what you do. You say one thing but do another. The word is hipocrite.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-24 16:27:16 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2017-9-24 13:33
Real name registration would kill off Forum instanly!  Identity theft in China is rife, with many vi ...

I do see that your criticism of China is accurate, true and right to the point. I do not see any problems with such criticisms. Criticisms that are not true, or rumours, can only bring about misunderstandings and contentions and are dangerous. These are happening in the cyber-media and proliferating. Fake news could even become "true". That has to be stopped. I believe the OP wants the latter to be curtailed or, if possible, stopped. It is not to "muzzle" the forum.

Your point about ID theft is something to think about. I agree with you that the moderators should step up their efforts.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-24 17:22:57 |Display all floors
This post was edited by coralbay at 2017-9-24 17:29
huaqiao Post time: 2017-9-24 15:15
If you "don't chase around the forum", why am I getting replies from you wherever I am posting? Ar ...

I have replied to approximately half a dozen of your posts on three separate threads over the course of the last week. I didn't criticize you for expressing pro-Chinese views, I criticized you for having a debating style of shouting posters down, calling them Chinabasher and providing zero substance. It's a real shame that you view this as anti-China and is a clear demonstration that you believe pro-China posters should be able to display the kind of behaviors that you think offers should be banned for. Now that is hypocritical.
I cannot remember us ever having any form of interaction in the past. If we did, it has been minimal, to say the least. Your accusation of chasing you around the forum is utterly baseless.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.