Views: 381|Replies: 5

White supremacist wants to fire his attorneys because of their race and religion [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-9-19 15:25:46 |Display all floors
According to Buzzfeed News' reporter, Claudia Koerner, White supremacist Dylann Roof filed a petition to remove the court-appointed defenders seeking to spare him the death penalty, calling them his "political and biological enemies."

The white supremacist murdered nine people at a Charleston church is now seeking to fire his attorneys because of their race and religion.
In a handwritten request, he wrote, "My two currently appointed attorneys, Alexandra Yates and Sapna Mirchandani, are Jewish and Indian, respectively," Roof wrote. "It is therefore quite literally impossible that they and I could have the same interests relating to my case."

The unemployed high-school dropout was arrested and was assigned court-appointed lawyers on his behalf, one of whom is David Bruck, who is known for his experience in capital cases. Prior to the hearing, Roof threatened to kill Bruck if he ever got out of jail.

Koerner goes on to write that despite this threat, "Still, just days later in court, Bruck pleaded for the judge to allow him to take over the arguments that Roof should be spared the death penalty."

"I have to be heard on his behalf because he cannot do it,” Bruck told the judge. "This man cannot protect his own rights. He cannot do it...This is his sentencing, not a memorial service."

In the motion filed Monday, Roof bristled at Bruck's earlier attempt to save his life because the attorney is Jewish.

"His ethnicity was a constant source of conflict, even with my constant efforts to look past it," Roof wrote.

When I read the article above, I knew immediately that I wished to share it. What do you think?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-13 06:04:53 |Display all floors
Moe Dalitz

In 1964 mobster Moe Dalitz combined the use of the n word with a death threat in an exchange with boxer Sonny Liston. The ADL later awarded him with a "Torch of Liberty" award.
9/11 was an inside job.
No second plane.It was a bomb.Bomb in the other building.
You KNOW without a doubt the videos are fake,right ?!
Planes don't meld into steel and concrete buildings.They crash into them !!!!!!!
It's amazing how the building ate the plane !!!
Imagine those fragile wings cutting slots in massive steel columns !!!!!
How STUPID can they think the people are to believe that crap ??!!

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-10-13 10:38:11 |Display all floors

He is asking for the death penalty. Personally I feel carrying out an execution always is wrong. There should be no such judicial travesty. But if the wishes of the accused and the accusers coincide so starkly, then I say: why not?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-13 16:12:04 |Display all floors
petera Post time: 2017-10-13 06:04
Moe Dalitz

In 1964 mobster Moe Dalitz combined the use of the n word with a death threat in an exch ...

What has Moe Dality to do with this thread??

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-3 08:25:30 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-10-13 16:12
What has Moe Dality to do with this thread??

Bigotry

Dalitz was a supremacist too.
9/11 was an inside job.
No second plane.It was a bomb.Bomb in the other building.
You KNOW without a doubt the videos are fake,right ?!
Planes don't meld into steel and concrete buildings.They crash into them !!!!!!!
It's amazing how the building ate the plane !!!
Imagine those fragile wings cutting slots in massive steel columns !!!!!
How STUPID can they think the people are to believe that crap ??!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-3 09:49:43 |Display all floors
petera Post time: 2017-11-3 08:25
Bigotry

Dalitz was a supremacist too.

So you and Dalitz are in each other's good company. What's new?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.