Author: ceciliazhang

China vs US: who is copying whom?   [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-9-19 13:29:05 |Display all floors
ceciliazhang Post time: 2017-9-19 10:14
What next? There are plenty of innovations still to tap or expand. Mobile payments in the US are a f ...

I am none too impressed by this display of innovation-mindedness. There is not a single hardware innovation among these novelties. China merely finds new ways of dumping goods on consumers. As I have always thought, the greatest talent the Chinese have is salesmanship.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-19 15:25:19 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-9-19 13:29
I am none too impressed by this display of innovation-mindedness. There is not a single hardware ...

I don't think you have any interest in anything positive about China. China's innovation is a different concept from that in the West. It has revolutionized the lives of hundreds of millions.  For example, Alibaba, a copycat of ebay, has taken people to the era of online shopping and become the world's largest e-commerce platform operator. In fact, the success of many Chinese companies including Tencent, Didi and Mobike has depended on their ability to evolve and adapt to the mass market. In these fields China leads the world.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-19 15:52:04 |Display all floors
China has so far only achieved "application innovation"(such as creative ideas of using applications like wechat), not technological innovation. Technological innovation is something that is totally new and not seen before--such as the first computer or the first travel to space. China should concentrate more on technological innovation to be really ahead.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-20 06:41:17 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-9-19 13:29
I am none too impressed by this display of innovation-mindedness. There is not a single hardware ...
As I have always thought, the greatest talent the Chinese have is salesmanship.

Just like the Ferengi!
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.
I love sarcasm. It's like punching someone in the head ... only with words

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-20 06:42:25 |Display all floors
ceciliazhang Post time: 2017-9-19 15:25
I don't think you have any interest in anything positive about China. China's innovation is a diff ...

And Alibaba is known for having the largest online collection of fake and counterfeit products. This is something you want to brag about?
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.
I love sarcasm. It's like punching someone in the head ... only with words

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-9-20 09:31:24 |Display all floors
ceciliazhang Post time: 2017-9-19 15:25
I don't think you have any interest in anything positive about China. China's innovation is a diff ...

I am keenly interested in positive news, in achievements made by Chinese or by China, but it seems to me you Chinese take credit and are proud for all the least impressive things and reasons. In recent time you have always wanted to be a "leader", "the best", "the greatest" and Dog knows what else.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-20 14:47:34 |Display all floors
markwu Post time: 2017-9-19 11:52
China has one superior characteristic. She can create the world's biggest market for anything in the ...
One day the west will be trying to copy her success factors.

But China's only success factor has been a big population of slaves that can compete with salaries to make toys for the west.

The west can not copy any of that - they don't want to, and should not want to.

The "west" has mostly already gone far beyond the moderately prosperous state that China has set as goal for itself. What western countries need, are structural reforms to better catch those who are falling out of society.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.