Author: ceciliazhang

Who is to blame for the tragedy? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-9-15 19:23:11 |Display all floors
Face culture which makes binge drinking so attractive to young people. Egged on by friends puts them under a lot of pressure to avoid losing face in front of people..
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-15 20:06:33 |Display all floors
This whole thread reminds me of high school.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-9-15 22:36:22 |Display all floors
It's a pure face problem. A man in China has no right to offend a host who asks him to drink alcohol. DO away with your retro face culture and boozing will take care of itself.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-9-15 22:37:30 |Display all floors
Dracarys Post time: 2017-9-15 18:29
he accepted the challenge .. Did he know his own body ..?

If he had refused to drink he might have offended his host so much that only a sword duel could have saved his reputation though perhaps not his life.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-15 23:02:43 |Display all floors
Dracarys Post time: 2017-9-15 18:29
he accepted the challenge .. Did he know his own body ..?

Maybe a allergic reaction to alcohol along with peer pressure?

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2017-9-16 16:06:36 |Display all floors
I did a lot of binge drinking between the ages of 12 and 18. My friends and I used to drink beer mostly that we would get someone to buy for us or but also any alcohol that we could steal. Jim Beam and Bundy Rum were most popular spirits but mostly beer. And we would also often buy cheap wine called Brown Muscat and another one called Stones Green Ginger Wine. For hardly any money you can get very %$%$ed up going halves with a mate in a carton of beer and a bottle of Brown Muscat or Stones. Brown Muscat and Stones were awesome. A 750ml bottle of Stones ( 13.7% alcohol ) is still only about $10.00 and a 750ml bottle of Brown Muscat ( 18% alcohol ) is still only $7.00. Both were under $5.00 when I was a kid. And back then you could buy 250ml Toohey Draught twist top throwdowns for under $20.00 and 375ml stubbies for about $25.00. So with $15.00 you could get 12 beers and half a bottle of cheap wine to mix with your beer. Its all about the Goon with the underage binge drinkers in Australia these days but we never drank Goon at all really. The kids should not forget about Brown Muscat and Stones because these are great cheap wines. And the underage chicks should not forget the Passion Pop. You can still get a 750ml Passion Pop for $5.00.

A lot of my happiest childhood memories involve binge drinking and I am really glad that I did so much of it. It can be very fun to be drunk - especially when you are a kid. But when I turned 18 I pretty much stopped drinking and I think a big reason was because one of the things I liked the most about getting drunk was that it was illegal when I was underage. It seemed a lot less exciting for me once it became legal for me to get drunk and I think that I why started to prefer taking illegal drugs instead.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-17 14:47:19 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2017-9-15 19:16
I see blame on both sides, but typically the bar   only thinking about 'money' instead of calling a ...

I blame the west and the CIA for all the bad things that happen in China
Stan, you're holding a gun to God's head. I can't think of a metaphor that's better than this.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.