Views: 13143|Replies: 21

Let's talk about China textbooks reform again! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-9-13 22:44:39 |Display all floors
It is late night. But I am still excited since I have watched the CCTV focus program on the new editon of the national unified textbooks for the pupils! I think this a great progress for our education reform!
The books have been written by 140 experts in the past five years! From this we can imagine the new ‘mental grain’(textbooks)would be much better than the kinds of ‘innormal’ ones written by every province for the past decades!

But I was not satisfied with the depth of the Tv-show!  -------------In fact I written many writings just here in the CD FORUM on the rewriting of Chinese textbooks. I think foreign friends have rich experience on how to teach kids language. For an example, the english dictionary is better than our Chinese one on many expects that has set a good model for us to improve our education! ---------Foreignn books including dictionaries are helpful for kids to think in free style. I think the bottom reason is that we are poor on writing-style!----------You will believe me if you compare the ways in which how any single word is explained in the different dictionaries!

Let's go on the discussion!

The most useful knowledge and skill that we are lack of is that of about human!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-13 23:05:32 |Display all floors
Ho! My this thread has get approval as soon as I clicked the button of ‘post’!

The chief editor is a professor on Chinese language teaching who said:"Our kids would totally understand the hard ancient poems as they grow up!" ???

What is his meaning?  Really, I think there are too many ancient Chinese poems for the primary school students which are not pieces of cakes! I wonder if foreigners teach ancient english to their children?  Why must we adults always force the young recite so much old things word by word? ---------Here, I do not blame our traditional literature itself is not good! The problem is that we should find a fit way to teach the young on history at the proper time!  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-13 23:23:08 |Display all floors
The first text on language is '天地你我他'!
How to translate it into english? 天-----------heaven, or sky?
                                         地---------the ground including what under it?  Or ‘the Earth’?
                                          你----------you                                                                 
                                          我-------I                                                                        
                                          他--------he (including 'she')
I think it would take me hours even more to consider how teach the simple text!

Can language textbook be written in the dictionary style?  In other words, if you really want improve language teaching, the authority should rewrite dictionary first!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-13 23:33:40 |Display all floors
For correction:
1) I think this (is) a great progress for our education reform!
2) In fact I (have)written many writings ......

(I dare not directly edit the first  column of the  post in afraid of lossing it as a whole! )

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-13 23:40:40 |Display all floors
It took 140 experts five years to complete the project?  
What does five years mean the country‘s whole education?   This speed seems like that of the snail!

Sad!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-14 09:14:50 |Display all floors
Sorry, for more correction:
English dictionary is better than our Chinese one on many "aspects" (not expects) that. .....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-14 10:46:00 |Display all floors
Dictionary is powerful language teacher! I have spent too time and energy on both Chinese and english ones. I think chinese should absorb the advantage of english if you are really loyal to motherland China!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.