Author: ceciliazhang

Has technology ruined handwriting? [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-9-13 21:13:06 |Display all floors
TedM Post time: 2017-9-13 17:15
What worries me more is the better technology that allows text and messages to be sent verbally. Dic ...

I read in a highly professional article ca. ten years ago that in the near future only 10% of all people will need to be literate; the rest can get along in life with the assistance of machines.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-20 04:55:53 |Display all floors
no one ever was able to read my hand-writing, so...
some day Jiangsu will rule China

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-21 08:47:09 |Display all floors
Just imagine how it is with Hawking. But for a clear brain he is almost stationary protoplasm. Yet his mind can derive deep equations on the singularities of black holes in a universe unseen.

Or Beethoven who was deaf but could compose symphonies.

Or Euler who was almost blind but was the most prolific algorithm discoverer also celebrated for the most beautiful equation:

They did it all in their heads.

The most tragic was of course Galois who knew he was about to die young the following day so the night before he wrote down all the ideas he had which today we revere as Galois theory. How was his handwriting in those papers?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.