Author: Barseghyan

China Finally Invents Smartphone CPU as Good as West's   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-10-22 09:31:14 |Display all floors
This post was edited by sfphoto at 2017-10-22 09:41
twa Post time: 2017-10-21 22:46
thats why u guys are working in call centers. i think you have the know how of making mobile phones ...

It's quite sad and tragic that the best and brightest Indians who graduate from the IITs dream only of working for Western tech companies. It's quite ironic that Indians dominate the IT departments of US companies and serve as CEOs of Western tech giants such as Google, Microsoft, Adobe, Nokia, etc. but India doesn't have its own Baidu, Alibaba or Tencent. The most that Indian IT companies do is to offer cheap IT labor for Western MNCs.

And THAT is what I call "colonial mentality".  

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Valuable Member Happiest Member

Post time 2017-10-23 07:44:55 |Display all floors
sfphoto Post time: 2017-10-22 11:31
It's quite sad and tragic that the best and brightest Indians who graduate from the IITs dream only ...

Good points. It has both to do with the fact that most Indians, even those that do well, are satisfied with a smaller amount than their American or Chinese counterparts. Not to say, there are not ambitious people with limitless desires. Also, the system in India domestically is very corrupt and high inertia. They cannot rise as high or achieve in India for the same effort as in the USA or in China. Things are changing slowly. The new Modi government is a break from a 60-70year tradition of inefficiency and corruption. They face a lot of resistance. I reckon, if the new wave lasts, India will start to develop nicely in the future.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Valuable Member Happiest Member

Post time 2017-10-23 07:46:04 |Display all floors
twa Post time: 2017-10-22 00:46
thats why u guys are working in call centers. i think you have the know how of making mobile phones ...

Sad but true points.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.