Author: Barseghyan

China Finally Invents a Jet Engine as Good as West's [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-9-11 23:38:57 |Display all floors
emanreus Post time: 2017-9-11 02:03
The new WS-10 engine can super cruise at Mach 1.2 without after burners...

"Chinese  WS-10 Taihung Powerplant"We've been testing the WS-10 for as long as I can remember, since way back in 2004 『 when the J-10 first shocked the world with its debuted 』and every Manoji and every 7-111 in the world bashed us about our inability to produce engines because we continues to import AL-41's from Russia. Well, THAT WAS THEN and THIS IS NOW, September 10, 2017,

Again, we were not stuck with the WS-10. We were "secretively" stockpiling these engines (WS-10 as well as AL-41) just as we would stockpile our nukes and our DF's in preparation for that rainy day which we wagered will ultimately come realistic or not. We've been threaten by nukes from the US and later by the Soviets. We had learnt our lesson well. We won't be caught with our oants diwn again -- ever. We got smart. We are secretly preparing ourselves for another onslaugh by Douglass McArthur and Leonoid Brezhnev in the event Doctor Strangelove comes tomlifecafain...

Another reason (speculative and personal points of view only of course) as to why the WS-10 was claimed as still in its R&D and testing stages all these years is due to stick military and state secrecy practices practuced by all countries of the world. In otger words...
"unless a better, or superior product, had already been realised (my speculation is that the far superior WS-15 has already been resolved), you make it a rule of thumb to not divulge on the true status of a product (in this case the WS-10 the world was zooming in on), you let people speculate all they like. My educated guess here is that the WS15 (speculated as having a  thrust of 18000 lb by Russia) has already been cracked" which is why they are letting people in on the application of the WS-10 on the J-20."

Let's not kid ourselves, the WS-10 was ready since 2910. It's been test flown on J-10's, J-11's, even on J-8 testbeds throughout these years. It was the WS-15 we were having problems with but, that probkem, speculatively now, had been resolved so watch out world!!!

Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-13 10:12:33 |Display all floors
manoj10 Post time: 2017-9-7 14:45
What a joke

Enlighten us, what is the joke?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-13 11:08:44 |Display all floors
They can still be blown to bits by a pigeon ...
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-13 13:06:34 |Display all floors
coralbay Post time: 2017-9-11 22:12
Yes, congratulations for learning how to purify rhenium and for the creation a single crystal blad ...
And that is the extent of the breakthrough. No new engine has been developed. That was just pure fantasy imagined up by the OP.

China has been developing jet engines for decades. The problem was the production technology in the form of high-temperature metallurgy needed to produce single-crystal engine blades for turbofan jet engines which can withstand high temperatures for sustained periods of flight time. If this problem has finally been resolved, then China now has to ability to mass-produce turbofan jet engines for both military and civilian use.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-14 01:10:53 |Display all floors
coralbay Post time: 2017-9-11 22:12
Yes, congratulations for learning how to purify rhenium and for the creation a single crystal blad ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-14 18:49:22 |Display all floors
sfphoto Post time: 2017-9-13 13:06
China has been developing jet engines for decades. The problem was the production technology in  ...

Yes, China has been TRYING to develop jet engines as advanced as the west for decades.

Lo and behold, on the news that a Chinese company can now manufacture a single crystal engine blade, you have declared that the only problem holding China back was <drumroll please> the lack of ability to manufacture single-crystal engine blades and thus <drumroll again> the entire problem has been solved and that China can now produce jet engines as advanced as the west. And thus announce that the OP is correct is his announcement.

But ... in the above paragraph ... you told a little porky, didn't you? The lack of modern up to date jet engines wasn't cause just by this one issue, was it. It was caused by a variety of issues. And not all have been solved.

Why can't you just get on board with the celebration of China now being able to build an advanced blade? Be happy with that ... but oh no ... you just have to exaggerate.   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-14 21:21:01 |Display all floors
coralbay Post time: 2017-9-14 02:49
Yes, China has been TRYING to develop jet engines as advanced as the west for decades.

Lo and beh ...

Well... I agree we "shouldn't" have used the word "INVENT" on this one...

"Or, should we use it (word invent), might, I repeat, might, be the lingering question here, at least in my mind anyway."

While I thought the term "breakthrough" should have been more appropriate, unless of course "the technology used to develope the engine is so technologically and uniquely Chinese, and it may in fact and indeed be as unique given how we Chinese must overcomes these technological feats on our own", I thought what was suggested『 that we did it our way 』does qualify this engine, or this technology, indeed Einsteinly Chinese?

But, watchout people, because the saying "do not ever underestimate the competition, even one who sprints from the behind a'la turtle hare fashion" because once we -- your competition -- get the hang of it we run with it so don't shoot yourselves on the foot the next time we say "beam me up scotty" or hit warp speed Mr. Spok, because, surpringly...

...us Mr. Sulus' (refering to all Asiatics) does have a hand in all of these magics...

Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.