Views: 1288|Replies: 19

India: The World's Biggest Open Sewage   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-9-6 22:00:35 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Barseghyan at 2017-9-6 22:01

From Mercola.c*m, an organization dedicated to making China number one in health:

It may surprise you to learn  that not all sewage is treated. In cities around the globe, even in these  modern times, raw sewage is still dumped into lakes, rivers and other waterways at sickening rates.

In India, raw sewage has  been dumped continuously into the famed Ganges River since 1917. Once pristine  waters now churn with chunks of animal and human excrement at inconceivable  levels of toxicity. Here, pollution levels are estimated to be 340,000 times  what is considered safe! Veer Bhadra Mishra, an engineer and Hindu priest who  lives in Varanasi, India’s holiest city, notes the river, while not globally  polluted, has local stretches that are highly toxic. Says Mishra:

“When we move from Tulsi  Ghat towards the end of [Varanasi], more and more sewers join the river and  more and more sewage flows into the river. The cumulative effect of all the  city’s sewage flowing into the river is felt at the downstream point where the  Yemuna meets the Ganges, [in the city of Allahabad]. At that confluence point,  the river water is septic — practically no dissolved oxygen, brown-black water  and methane bubbles you can see surfacing from the bottom.”

About the Ganges, The Sydney  Morning Herald, states:1

Experts estimate that more than 3,000  million litres of untreated sewage from towns along the Ganges are pumped into  the river every day. By the time it reaches Varanasi… it becomes a sewer, and  the sixth most polluted river in the world. Scientists  … have found the river has a fecal coliform  count of more than 1.5 million per 100 milliliters (ml) of water. Water  regarded as safe for bathing should not contain more than 500 fecal coliform  per 100 ml.”

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-7 01:13:52 |Display all floors
India's median IQ is 82.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-7 08:10:23 |Display all floors
This post was edited by yasawakic at 2017-9-7 08:27

And what about Wuhai, Huolin gol, Changjiang river? I was taking a look o the photographer Lu Guang works in inner Mongolia, coal extraction, industrial zone in China.
It's just horrific to see how these peoples have been treated.

During 10 years, Lu Guang wasnt able to photography any family more than one year, because ALL the families he photographied  (and it makes a lot) were losing members and members dying from cancers and other diseases caused by irresponsible contamination from big companies. incredible and horrific, just horrific and disgusting from government who can manage a country such an irresponsible way.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-7 20:12:26 |Display all floors
yasawakic Post time: 2017-9-7 08:10
And what about Wuhai, Huolin gol, Changjiang river? I was taking a look o the photographer Lu Guang  ...

Okay.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-7 20:15:13 |Display all floors
And what about Wuhai, Huolin gol, Changjiang river? I was taking a look o the photographer Lu Guang  ...

Okay.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-8 12:24:23 |Display all floors

I am sad that China and India did not have a nuclear exchange.  This could have been a great scientific experiment on the effects of a nuclear war.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-8 13:16:32 |Display all floors
Barseghyan Post time: 2017-9-8 09:24
I am sad that China and India did not have a nuclear exchange.  This could have been a great scien ...

Put a uranium dose up your nose and see for yourself or go to chernobyl for exploration.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.