Author: ceciliazhang

Why the obsession with natural birth?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-9-9 09:15:47 |Display all floors
Jaaja Post time: 2017-9-8 15:16
That struggle can sometimes be too much. In this case the doctors clearly pointed out that the b ...

yes, you are absolutely right...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-11 08:38:54 |Display all floors
Jaaja Post time: 2017-9-8 18:18
I guess you were replying to me, although it didn't show on my alerts.

Anyway, yes maybe it is  ...
I wouldn't go quite that far in criticizing Chinese system in this aspect. I limit it the fact that every invididual, and the state itself, is supposed to serve the party, regardless of what the party does or does not do - not the other way. I don't call it ownership, just expectations.

Governments are supposed to serve the people, not the other way around.
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2017-9-11 13:17:10 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-11 14:33:32 |Display all floors
cmknight Post time: 2017-9-11 08:38
Governments are supposed to serve the people, not the other way around.

Indeed, but here it only happens indirectly, when interests of the people and the party occassionally happen to go to the same direction. Chinese argument for this typically is that they trust the party blindly to know what is best for the people.

Must admit though that in last few years the interests of the two have followed each other much more often than in the past - but is the reason for that really to serve the people, or has the challenge or risk to party's leadership just considered so much bigger than before.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-12 09:30:37 |Display all floors
IMO suicide is usually a selfish act, in this case it is pure selfishness by mother.

The mother was forced into a corner. With the inability to get a C-section, and the impossibility of giving birth naturally, the woman was already facing endless pain. Her partner and family clearly did not care about the excruciating pain she was in, and her child was also tunneling towards death with every passing moment.

It seems that you condemn a desperate woman's last hope to relieve her ceaseless pain more than you do her cruel partner and family who cared more about superstition and old wives tales than their daughter-in-law.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-12 09:30:50 |Display all floors
IMO suicide is usually a selfish act, in this case it is pure selfishness by mother.

The mother was forced into a corner. With the inability to get a C-section, and the impossibility of giving birth naturally, the woman was already facing endless pain. Her partner and family clearly did not care about the excruciating pain she was in, and her child was also tunneling towards death with every passing moment.

It seems that you condemn a desperate woman's last hope to relieve her ceaseless pain more than you do her cruel partner and family who cared more about superstition and old wives tales than their daughter-in-law.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-12 11:03:18 |Display all floors
Any belief that will result in death or disability of a good human being, let alone one's family member, should be suspended.  Let life live.  In this case, two lives.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.