Author: ceciliazhang

Are five-star hotels really five-star clean? [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-9-8 02:19:01 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2017-9-6 15:46
Not long ago a guest who checked in to chinese  hotel, found 10k under the pillow!!! at 1st he thoug ...

That case proved that there are Good Samaritans in China so considerations about hygiene didn't matter, the honesty of the finder of that lucre did.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Valuable Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Valuable Member

Post time 2017-9-8 13:48:56 |Display all floors
This is a global problem. I've stayed at a lot of 5 star establishments in the past 50 years and many of them were not as clean as they should have been.  Friends in housekeeping have told me that in many cases they just give the bath a rinse, the toilet gets a quick scrub at best and the vacuum cleaner is used sparingly, a quick dusting and they are done. Sheet changes are often performed every 3 days or when a customer leaves the hotel. In some cases they don't even change the sheets.  

The housekeeping staff I have spoken to all blame the lack of cleanliness on being given a quota of time to do an entire room and in many cases such time is 1/4 of that required to clean a room properly. 20~25 minutes to clean a junior suite or 15~20 minutes to do a deluxe room will give you an idea of how little time is often allocated. It's not like cleaning at home either, they are faced with often 30+ rooms to clean a day per worker and that is very hard work physically.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-9-12 23:37:19 |Display all floors
Ratfink Post time: 2017-9-8 13:48
This is a global problem. I've stayed at a lot of 5 star establishments in the past 50 years and man ...

I was a little wrong in defending the hotels because after reading the same story in the SCMP I learnt that the report of unclean guestrooms was based on tests performed by "guests" who left invisible marks that were still there when they checked in the day after.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.