Author: senoritazhao

Dog or human, which side are you?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-9-6 14:59:13 |Display all floors
This post was edited by pnp at 2017-9-6 15:08
seneca Post time: 2017-9-6 14:16
Wah, and this litany from this forum's self-declared "freund of China's"... Do you really think  ...

I may be a "freund of China's", but that does not prevent me from speaking the truth, ie that there are many irresponsible dog owners here. And I don't mean ALL dog owners in China are irresponsible; when we say Chinese we don't mean ALL Chinese, it's a generalisation. Readers know that we dont mean ALL, when we discuss a social problem, we dont have to specify how many! You have been seen to write, 'Chinese are law scoffs', I know you don't mean All, so stop picking on the numbers, just accept there are too many on the wrong side of the law!
Taking dogs into shopping malls and supermarkets is the most irresponsible, happens only in China, I dont see that in the West, where dog owners are more responsible, they tie their dogs outside, or just leave them there while they go in to shop!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-6 15:05:14 |Display all floors
This post was edited by pnp at 2017-9-6 15:07
seneca Post time: 2017-9-6 14:20
No, this mother set a bad example to her child of attacking a harmless creature that showed its pl ...

If you had been a victim of dog bites, or had seen victims of dog bites, you won't be talking like that. There are far too many cases of dogs biting people in public in China for us to pretend that all is fine and dandy!  The Chinese don't have a long history of pet ownership unlike in developed countries; they have not learnt to be responsible, just like they have just learnt to love the car but dont obey traffic rules, they drive through red lights, dont give way to pedestrians at zebra crossings, parked on footpaths etc.  And they abandon their pets after having some fun with them, to become strays, which terrorize people in public!

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Valuable Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2017-9-6 15:42:16 |Display all floors
senoritazhao Post time: 2017-9-5 14:46

One should never touch a dog not belonging to them.

In fact why have one at all especially if you have children it's such a risk only this week in my local pub on the island Sark a day tripper just bent down slightly with his hand out towards a local persons dog with the intention of saying 'hello' but before he could even say the word the dog went for him and ripped out a large piece of his cheek and lip.

The dog is now under house arrest there will be a court hearing on sark and it is expected the owners will be ordered to have the dog destroyed.

The owners should do that without such a court order

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-9-6 22:59:56 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2017-9-6 14:59
I may be a "freund of China's", but that does not prevent me from speaking the truth, ie that there ...

No, PNP, you are NOT a "friend of China's", contrary to your belief. You are an unfriend. , Besides dogs deserve better than what they get from you.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-9-6 23:04:31 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-9-6 22:59
No, PNP, you are NOT a "friend of China's", contrary to your belief. You are an unfriend. , Beside ...

PNP verbatim:

If you had been a victim of dog bites, or had seen victims of dog bites, you won't be talking like that. There are far too many cases of dogs biting people in public in China

What makes you think you have the right to make assumptions such as that I have nefer been bitten by a dogj? And why should everyone who gets bitten by a dog be worship0ped as a "victim"? It's usually people's own fault if they get bitten. I know that because contrary to your belief I have been bitten by dogs. I have learnt from such events, though - I made a mistake, not the dog.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-7 12:41:18 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-9-6 22:59
No, PNP, you are NOT a "friend of China's", contrary to your belief. You are an unfriend. , Beside ...

It was you who put that tag on me; I never claim to be one, I just speak my mind.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-7 12:44:40 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-9-6 23:04
PNP verbatim:

Many members of the public were bitten by dogs through no fault of theirs.  One was featured in the media lately, bitten in the lift by a huge dog brought into the lift by its owner.  Another was bitten by a ferocious dog while waiting for the lift at the lobby, it belongs to an apartment dweller. So, are we to accept that victims of dog bites have themselves to blame?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.