Author: ceciliazhang

Is Hollywood racist?   [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-9-9 15:08:45 |Display all floors

There is something seriously wrong with this thread. I have posted a rationale to explain why Ms Wang is not a top rate earner comparing her to football players, yet my post has been intercepted four times. Above is just the first paragraph of a four-paragraph piece.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-17 12:01:45 |Display all floors
Chewish

Hollywood is Chewish and promotes the degenerate values of the banksters.
9/11 was an inside job.
No second plane.It was a bomb.Bomb in the other building.
You KNOW without a doubt the videos are fake,right ?!
Planes don't meld into steel and concrete buildings.They crash into them !!!!!!!
It's amazing how the building ate the plane !!!
Imagine those fragile wings cutting slots in massive steel columns !!!!!
How STUPID can they think the people are to believe that crap ??!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-17 12:55:49 |Display all floors
petera Post time: 2017-9-17 12:01
Chewish

Hollywood is Chewish and promotes the degenerate values of the banksters.

Here is a Kibble for my most chewish fan! Chew it slowly and enjoy its succulence.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-24 07:39:53 |Display all floors
DMZappa Post time: 2017-9-7 23:23
Mostly through ignorance or not having any knowledge about their culture. Most American only know  ...

Hollywood tries hard to promote a family and tolerant atmosphere among our fellow mankind.  

I do think though that Hollywood should try to set up their demographics in movies and shows to represent the true world human demographics.  Hollywood movies/shows are meant for the whole world, and as such, should represent the world demographic percentages.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-24 09:40:04 |Display all floors
AmericanDream Post time: 2017-9-24 07:39
Hollywood tries hard to promote a family and tolerant atmosphere among our fellow mankind.  

I do ...

I do not see why Hollywood needs to pander to niche group interests. Of course what you said is desirable but it is not realistic to expect commerce to promote Biblical Utopias.

There are enough private and institutional film makers that can do this job pore professionally and more credibly. I think of documentaries made by BBC, CNN, or any European or non-European State-owned TV station or publisher.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-24 09:46:04 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-9-24 09:40
I do not see why Hollywood needs to pander to niche group interests. Of course what you said is  ...

The more help we get, the more likely the realization of the ideal world.  Hollywood is indeed moving towards a model as I have wished for.

But, I would argue there is nothing Biblical about it.  This vision is religiously non-partisan and taps into our common humanity.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-24 09:52:01 |Display all floors
AmericanDream Post time: 2017-9-24 09:46
The more help we get, the more likely the realization of the ideal world.  Hollywood is indeed mov ...

The dream of a perfect and harmonious world is deeply anchored in Christian theology and it inspires alien cultures as missionaries spread the gospel but also because of Hollywood.

I do agree that more help is better than less help. However, films only carry the message to the eyes of people, and very little of it trickles down into their conscience. The more films they see the more apathetic they become. They become addicted without becoming active. The mind needs a different form of cultivation if it wants to fight against injustice and racism. It needs nurturing and teaching.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.