Author: ceciliazhang

Is Hollywood racist?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-9-7 23:23:13 |Display all floors
ceciliazhang Post time: 2017-9-6 14:16
I am wondering why and how people are racist against Asians, esp the Chinese.

Mostly through ignorance or not having any knowledge about their culture. Most American only know about China from what they have seen on TV.
As far as Japanese, the stereotyping from WW2 still lingers even though Japan is an ally of the US.
I have more respect for both those cultures now than I do for my own. (US)
Education does wonders.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-8 09:33:04 |Display all floors
Is 'racist' such a big deal for any Asian people living and working in the west?  I don't know since I won't actually think that should be such an enormously an unevitable deal although I'm here in China.  There are two sensible things to do if you are really struggling there - one, work really hard to win equal rights as the rest of other people or leave for better places like home country.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-8 09:39:57 |Display all floors
It'll be reasonable not to call people 'racists' from other cultures or countries.  I would think one's own perceptions to values in guest country does matter too.  Discriminations could be in western countries, Asian countries, towards foreigners or among native people sometimes.  If you are not happy with other people's attitude or way of doing things, just tell them directly for corrections or leave for own good.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-9-8 11:54:06 |Display all floors
Dracarys Post time: 2017-9-5 10:52
With the platform she has I guess that she need to change her name back first ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-8 11:55:11 |Display all floors
1626548377 Post time: 2017-9-5 15:38
Not only Hollywood, the hole america is racist, I don't agree that blacks are the worst racists, t ...

Well, Dee;rie, the WHOLE world is racist. Why single out Hollywood or the U.S.A.? Ah, I forgot - racism...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-8 12:02:44 |Display all floors
1626548377 Post time: 2017-9-6 14:58
You must remember it is the culture of the western people to be racist, not all but most of them.

Yeah, right, you MUST remember NOT TO FORGET your biases and your private racist beliefs inculcated in you by your education...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-8 13:42:56 |Display all floors
cestmoi Post time: 2017-9-3 17:58
testingBlack actors are some of the worse racists in Hollywood, particularly against Asians.

At the ...

Just tease back, isn't it too easy?  Lacking of own confidence or enthusiasm will push people to their edges, isn't it?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.