Author: ceciliazhang

Ex Canadian teacher quits Beijing private school after past sex history revealed   [Copy link] 中文

Medal of honor

Post time 2017-9-6 11:44:32 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-6 11:47:14 |Display all floors
Swifty55 Post time: 2017-9-3 17:44
Once you cross the line you should never be allowed to teach again.

I totally agree with you.
I am me and that is something you will never be, no matter how hard you try!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-6 13:42:12 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-9-5 01:12
No, Mr Labia Pudendis, there is no obsession in China with "white teachers". You are an ogre. Horr ...

It is not just me who thinks he should not be allowed near children; in several court cases, such criminals are forbidden by the courts to go near kids. Your pleading that he had worked in two places without re offending does not mean he has turned over a new leaf, it could be that he had no opportunity to re offend, the children were well guarded.  There are countless qualified teachers without such criminal records, why must they employ him, if not for their obsession with white teachers?
Btw, he had not be punished by the courts, he resigned before he was caught and fled to China, hiding his criminal past from his schools!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-6 14:17:11 |Display all floors
mixamixa Post time: 2017-9-5 10:31
People like him should not be near any child. Full stop.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-6 15:36:23 |Display all floors
ceciliazhang Post time: 2017-9-3 10:09
Hopefully no child falls victim to this sex predator. How can the Beijing school not even do some ba ...

You are so right, because he is white!  They lower their guard because a white face increases student enrollment in China! Chinese parents have an obsession with white faces in class, and recruiters know that, they give the parents what they ask for!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-6 15:40:13 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-9-3 17:00
That is a malicious comment. The man has done nothing wrong, or so it appears, since he came to Ch ...

' Apparently he is a reformed ex culprit.'

You are entitled to draw your own conclusion, but it does not mean we have to agree with you! What makes you conclude he has reformed?  It's easy for you to speak carelessly because you obviously don't have children of your own in direct contact with a criminal like him!

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-9-6 23:42:13 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2017-9-6 13:42
It is not just me who thinks he should not be allowed near children; in several court cases, such  ...

You should read up more on this case if you want to be the last poster making a comment about him. All we know is that he broke the law back in the 1970s when he was around ten years older than the three pupils who had illicit seks with him. Should he have been punished at that time? Of course he should have been. Whose mistake is it then that he eluded justice? Not his, to be fair. He could have been apprehended and taken to court but wasn't.

But his career speaks in favour of him. He has not committed the same crime again. Here is where I disagree with anyone who thinks a punishment can be meted out even a century later: for a punishment to be effective it must be applied when the memory of one's wrongdoing is fresh and victims can speak their minds. But to punish a perp four decades later when nobody else has been wronged is a perversion of the concept of justice.

For this reason I think the actor  Polanski is made a victim by some whose interest is to see him rot in jail for a seksual misconduct half a century ago. Roman Polanski fled the U.S.A. as a result. He too had illicit seks with a minor. But that erstwhile victim today no longer wants him to be punished. I think there is a lesson to draw from this.

If every wrong has to be atoned for and a horrible price be paid for its commission, I wonder why nobody wants every motorist caught by the police speeding, or driving a vehicle in a drunken state, or driving it while texting on their mobile phone, or knocking down a pedestrian, to be punished with a lifelong ban on driving a motor vehicle again. Why should adults having consensual seks with minors be subject to such life-altering punishments while motorists who put the lives of everyone on the road at risk be treated so leniently?

Something is wrong with those who seek punishment for others per se.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.