Author: JohnV

[Others] Teaching in China – a Personal Message [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-9-14 12:50:27 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-9-13 20:22
So far this thread has been mainly hot toxic gas seeking an outlet. It is without any real substance ...

You have met your nemesis!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-14 13:11:59 |Display all floors
This post was edited by pnp at 2017-9-14 16:11
seneca Post time: 2017-9-12 20:09
Previously you mentioned "millions of Europeans" emigrating to China in search of jobs; now it i ...

China never promised foreign teachers a bed of roses, red carpet welome, generous welfare, retirement benefit, etc things you take for granted in the West!  You have to find your own way, like the locals.  So, stop your moaning and groaning about low pay and poor working conditions; no one took a gun to your head and forced you to come!  If you were doing very well back home, why bother to come, obviously you are a miserable failure back home and misfit in China!
You come to China, and help yourself to its generosity, but, like a spoilt child, you fret over everything here, condemning its government at every opportunity.  What exactly is your hidden agenda?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-14 15:01:23 |Display all floors
Some in the west whine because they’re on a minimum wage, but don’t understand that if that law wasn’t enforced and work was dependent on skills, they’d be virtually unemployable. The same people whine about how everyone in China is getting more than them and then say that salaries are low for everyone and can’t understand anyone coming here, but stay for years themselves. They all tell you they loved it here until they leave of course and then tell everyone how bad China is. All written in their broken English ‘Dee:rie’ style, which reminds me of the scam emails I get from Nigeria.

Nearer to the truth and rather like telling someone they’ve got bad breath, is that the Chinese made an amazing discovery and that is that they were probably as useless here as they were back home.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-14 15:20:33 |Display all floors
JohnV Post time: 2017-9-14 15:01
Some in the west whine because they’re on a minimum wage, but don’t understand that if that law wa ...

All good things take a time, same here in China.
The good been sorted from the bad and 'some' ugly ones try to continue poisoning the well.
  An old wartime practice it might be, nowadays the poison is the Net and our Youngsters are targeted.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-14 17:53:36 |Display all floors
It took me six months to get acclimatised here, others can too (and do), some find it too difficult (that’s fine) and a minority never will – anywhere. It’s the anonymity that encourages the ‘some’ to perform and if they had to come out into the open, show their faces and not hide behind their keyboards, we’d probably have a completely different picture of their ‘stories’.
As the west continues to be dumbed down and the stupid multiply, it can only get worse. I think China is doing the right thing on cracking down on that before it gets out of hand.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-14 21:08:56 |Display all floors
This post was edited by parcher at 2017-9-14 21:09
JohnV Post time: 2017-9-13 10:05
Just generally, for anybody.

When you write a resume, by offering your services you become a produc ...

I applied for a job in the uk not to long ago, as I was ready to go back to Britain, until I was offered a new contract here. Anyways the HR department gave me a prompt reply, praising my work achievements, but then kindly advised me not to state my age , as this is now becoming  a thing in the past. I told her I have been out of Britain working abroad for more than 20 yrs, so I am a little bit behind the times in the uk
But in Asia I guess its beneficial if we put all our information down on our resumes
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-14 21:14:14 |Display all floors
One month in jail for those caught is a good deterrent...
cant imagine what the cuisine will be like inside
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.