Views: 427|Replies: 5

Kangaroos kill [Copy link] 中文

Medal of honor

Post time 2017-9-1 19:17:00 |Display all floors
Kangaroos are responsible for nine out of ten road accidents in Australia that involve animals. I live in western NSW where there are a lot of kangaroos and people around here hit kangaroos all the time. There are always dead kangaroos all over the side of the roads. Our local councils actually have to pay council workers to check the roads between towns for roadkill and they drag the dead kangaroo onto the side of the road so they don't cause another accident. There are dead kangaroos all along the sides of the roads. It is OK if you are driving a truck - and we get a lot of trucks on our roads - because a semitrailer truck will just splatter a kangaroo if they hit one but most other vehicles including 4WD ute's can be severely damaged if they hit a kangaroo at 100km/ph or more. The worst time for kangaroos is at night but you do get them on the roads during the day as well so no time is safe to drive. At any moment a stupid kangaroo could jump jumping out onto the road right in front of you - or they may just be there standing on the road like idiots and they don't move and since the colour if the grey ones around here makes them blend into the road people just don't see them a lot of the time. Kangaroos are so stupid that sometimes you will see them and break in time but instead of the kangaroo getting if the road it will turn and jump along in front if your car and it isn't safe to overtake them because they are likely to jump into your car. The stupid things often jump into the sides of vehicles that are travelling at 100km/ph, so in this kind of accident the kangaroo actually runs into you.

Since kangaroos cause so many accidents they end up killing people. A lot of the time when someone has gone off the road and hit a tree it is because they were trying to avoid a kangaroo and if they die you never really know so the numbers killed each year by kangaroos are certainly higher than what is reported. Not only do kangaroos send people into trees but they also can come up your bonnet and through your windscreen into the vehicle with you and if the impact didn't kill them they will thrash around with their legs and they could kick your throat our with the claws on the legs or rip a hole in your stomach or wherever. So not only are kangaroos damaging a huge amount of vehicles each year but they are actually killing people. If you are one of these animal lovers that cares more about a lion that would rape you and kill your children if you were a female lion then maybe you don't care about kangaroos killing people but then what about all of these dead kangaroos along the sides of the road? Shouldn't something be done to protect the kangaroos? So what is the solution? How can we stop kangaroos from killing so many people on Australian roads?

Clearly something needs to be done about kangaroos on Australian roads because they are a menace to the public and to insurance companies. In Australia we have the longest fence in the world. We have two long fences to keep rabbits and dingos out of good farmland. I am pretty sure one of them is longer than the great wall of China. So we could just make fences along the sides of the roads but they would have to be high fences. Plus Australia is a very big country it it is a lot if fencing. I think a better idea would be to round all of the kangaroos in the states of NSW/Vic/SA and we should put them in fenced reserves. It is sheer madness to allow kangaroos to continue to jump about like lunatic kamikaze smashing into people cars and killing them. Entire families are being wiped out by kangaroos yet our government does nothing. We may as well be Indians and allow cows to just walk onto roads or wherever they please. Putting up some signs warning that there are kangaroos for the next 5 or 10 kms is not only not good enough it is actually dangerous because there may be hotspots but kangaroos are everywhere out here and these signs should not he giving people a false sense of security outside these hotspots. I have seen kangaroos jump onto major roads just outside both Canberra and Sydney. If we dont do something soon I wouldn't be shocked if the kangaroos begin to enter the cities.

So do you agree that we should round up all the kangaroos in Australia and put them behind fences in big national reserves? Or should we just let kangaroos to continue to kill so many people due to them being responsible for nine out if ten road accidents that involve an animal on Australian roads?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-1 23:53:54 |Display all floors
nine out if ten road accidents that involve an animal on Australian roads?

Do the "aniimal" in this statistics include the human animal?

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-9-2 08:42:38 |Display all floors
Jaaja Post time: 2017-9-1 23:53
Do the "aniimal" in this statistics include the human animal?

I am puzzled by the Australian kangaroos' murderous disposition. A killer species. God made a big error in inventing them. Then again, in other countries it is the human species that has that criminal tendency to kill fellow humans. In China for example, the road kill amounts to some 261'000 humans a year.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2017-9-2 12:54:41 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-9-2 08:42
I am puzzled by the Australian kangaroos' murderous disposition. A killer species. God made a big  ...

Kangaroos are jerks you know. When the leader gets old a young buck wild pick a fight with him and if he wins the old kangaroo king is kicked out of the mob and he has to go off and die alone. Th ey are like wolves. You think they would let the old king hang around but no they are jerks.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2017-9-2 12:57:12 |Display all floors
I am puzzled by the Australian kangaroos' murderous disposition. A killer species. God made a big  ...

I have seen them fighting at the local racecourse where i live. There was at least one hundred of them in a circle watching two fight in the middle. My friend and I watched for a while and then we chased them all away with tomahwks. We broke them up.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2017-9-2 12:58:02 |Display all floors

That was before we got staghounds.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.