Author: ariqj

Donald Trump pardons racist sheriff Joe Arpaio [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-8-28 20:30:29 |Display all floors
fatdragon Post time: 2017-8-28 17:52
He got convicted for "racial profiling" because he was rounding up Latinos in a region with a big il ...

re: political arrest to me by vested interests

Indeed,

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-28 20:50:10 |Display all floors
emanreus Post time: 2017-8-28 20:30
re:  political arrest to me by vested interests

Indeed,

On the other hand I don't think that he was a Guardian of the Galaxy.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-28 20:55:43 |Display all floors
fatdragon Post time: 2017-8-28 16:31
I wont be joining the knitting circle round the guillotine just yet as I find it interesting that de ...

Out of touch?   We don't have mob rule here.  He broke constitutional rights and defied a federal judge.  Because he has a mob behind him, does not make his actions lawful or right.

If we left it up to the 'all lives matter' folks, police would be killing people left and right.  

When it comes to racism, people don't seem to care about right and wrong.  

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-29 07:59:47 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2017-8-28 20:55
Out of touch?   We don't have mob rule here.  He broke constitutional rights and defied a federal  ...

But he was voted into office SIX times. People must like him and like the results he achieves on a local basis. And that is totally at odds with all the numerous issues that he's accused of so they must have SERIOUS issues in that part of the country to require a man of his "character". But all they could get him for was racial profiling - something that is essential if you have problems with illegal immigrants hopping over the border. To simply order the police to waste their time harassing equal numbers of white people asking for their ID's would be moronic when they aren't the ones entering the USA in vast numbers.

My guess is that the locals need him but he's an embarrassment to the politicians because his heavy handed tactics actually work so they are trying to get rid of him because he is affecting vested interests somewhere.

(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-29 09:11:10 |Display all floors
heavy handed tactics

Speak plainly. These "heavy handed tactics" consist of racial profiling, discrimination, and blatant racism. This is not justice, this is not right. America has a thing called due process and rights. To investigate a group of people because of their skin color without due cause is unconstitutional and frankly, un-american.

Arpaio was in the process of a ten year review because of his conduct. He flouted the fourth amendment, and ignored others right to it. Further, Arpaio lost the bid when the ten year review resulted in the commencement of the trial.

Voting percentages in local government have always been low. However, it is clear to me that once Arpaio's discrimination and racism were made clear to the public via the trial, the locals decidedly turned against him and left him in the dust.

Arpaio took it upon himself to decide what was valid under the fourth amendment for a search, a stop, or an investigation. That is not the makings of a sheriff, but a vigilante, and because he flouted the law when he swore to uphold it, he absolutely deserves to be punished for it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-29 09:38:51 |Display all floors
ariqj Post time: 2017-8-29 09:11
Speak plainly. These "heavy handed tactics" consist of racial profiling, discrimination, and blata ...

The point is not whether he is a racist but that his tactics must have got the desired results because he kept getting re-elected regardless of ALL the allegations that were aimed at him. IF the allegations were true then he shouldn't have been in office but IF his tactics were producing better than average results then the alleged racism was obviously justified and it is that element that is going to upset the politicians more than anything else when they have harridans screaming in their faces complaining about their housemaid just getting deported and how their husband hasn't got enough workers to bring in the crops because his wage rate doesn't attract legal workers.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2017-8-29 09:47:50 |Display all floors
This post was edited by HailChina! at 2017-8-29 09:51

I don't think so-called Sheriff Joe is as popular as Fox News thinks he is. Even your average brain dead American redneck would have to hate 'Sheriff Joe' right? The fact is that Fix News themselves are racist scum. Chicken or egg? The right wing racism in USA all comes from Fix News. We can talk about neonazi and the so-called 'alt right' but it is Fix News that drives all the right wing American racism and the flagship show is the Sean Hannity show. Sean Hannity should he arrested for hate speech but that won't happen because be works for the CIA.
It is the CIA thinking all of this nonsense up. The CIA is racist. The CIA might like to tell themselves that they are just classist but the racism comes from them. They think it up. Any black person or so-called' poc that works for the CIA must be the absolute scum of the earth.  

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.