Author: ariqj

Donald Trump pardons racist sheriff Joe Arpaio [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-9-12 06:49:51 |Display all floors
1584austin Post time: 2017-9-12 04:56
The Uk is going down the pan too

You got lumbered with Trump, I had no choice but to vote for May ...

It sucks.  And I don't think a weekend has gone by since the election where there hasn't been protests and anti-protests.  Either you have some jerk beating up a guy with a 'make america great again' hat or someone trying to run over anti-trump people.

We couldn't be move divided.  It actually makes me miss Ronald Reagan.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-12 08:43:02 |Display all floors
I do not understand where some of you are getting that people of color do not donate to charity. There has been an outpouring of support for the victims of hurricanes Harvey and Irma from all different groups. Skin color has nothing to do with that, you made it about skin color to target and demean people of color, so the next time you seek to explain to somehow how something isn't racist, remember this very moment. You were the hands of racism today.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Valuable Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2017-9-12 14:52:36 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2017-9-12 06:49
It sucks.  And I don't think a weekend has gone by since the election where there hasn't been prot ...

Yes It makes me feel sick the way the UK is going too, I'm just glad I'm of the age not to be here that much. When I'm in the Channel Islands in my mind I seem to be away from it and during winter in Spain I can ignore what's going on. the Politicians just whine and argue, slag each other off making it worse for the country and leaving the EU.
So many are Billionaires, Multi Millionaires, and Millionaires and to then the pound being weaker by 16% since the 'anti' immigration voters voted out of the EU. Most of the voters were unemployed or lower earners (lower class that is) so don't give AF about businesses performance and how the pound /stock/ shares are affected.

All i read (I do try not to) are politicians saying how we can stay in Europe causing confidence to be lowered continuously instead of getting on with it and getting us out because the vote cannot be reversed without even more lack of confidence in the UK.

They are all a load of muppets.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-9-12 20:40:06 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2017-9-12 06:49
It sucks.  And I don't think a weekend has gone by since the election where there hasn't been prot ...

Democracy is a luxury that should be removed from you U.S. people. You clearly cannot handle it properly. If you didn't have democratic rights I bet you would be a lot better off.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-9-12 20:43:59 |Display all floors
ariqj Post time: 2017-9-12 08:43
I do not understand where some of you are getting that people of color do not donate to charity. The ...

Aren't Whites "coloured people" too? Why are people getting labelled racially into "coloureds" and "Whites"? White, Black, mixed, yellow - we all have skin colours, damn it!  

And if some poster derides the pecuniary gift made by a White to the poor, then anyone can ask what non-Whites do to earn so much more respect. Do they donate? Do they not donate? What does a White have to do to be treated with the same level of respect as a Black, a Hispanic or just an immigrant?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-13 06:36:17 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-9-12 20:43
Aren't Whites "coloured people" too? Why are people getting labelled racially into "coloureds" a ...

Give it a break.  We all know you are a racist.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-13 11:47:40 |Display all floors
Why are people getting labelled racially into "coloureds" and "Whites"?

You do realize being "people of color" is not the equivalent of "coloureds" right? During the Jim Crow era, people were precisely divided up because of their skin color. The word "coloured" taps into that history. By using it as if it is an equivalent of "people of color" or "POC" only displays your lack of knowledge and sensitivity.

Asking why people are divided by skin color is a question that has come centuries too late. We were divided up when white colonizers massacred Native Americans, when Caucasian slave traders decided to enslave countless Africans. You are ignoring all this history by asking us why POC and minorities have a label to band under together, one that excludes white people. We are not the ones who chose to divide by race and skin color, we are the ones who are left with the fall out.

As someone who does not want to "divide people up" by skin color, you sure do spend a lot of time defending the act of one White man, as if questioning a single person is equivalent to condemning an entire race. Oops, my mistake, condemning an entire race by saying they do not donate was something that you did. Not anyone else.

Further, we question the donation made by Donald Trump because he has had a long history of claiming to donate to a cause and not doing so.

Also, this is not about respect. It is about basic human rights. The fact that you are concerned by white people getting respect, something that should be earned and not the basic human right of equality, speaks leagues and bounds about your priorities.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.