Author: knox1234

Many foreign teachers in China don't have teaching certificates   [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Valuable Member Medal of honor Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2017-8-24 13:43:44 |Display all floors
Jaaja Post time: 2017-8-23 16:33
I can extrapolate from statistics apparently released by China PSB from year 2016. Almost 3000 f ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-24 14:33:34 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-8-23 21:40
Why do you "think" that?

There is nothing wrong with Chinese students getting exposed to foreign ...

I don't believe for teaching one needs a relevant certificate, although it does help the interviewer.     However I have seen cases where young guys are working in bar at night and next morning he is teaching to kids. Again, nothing wrong in having two jobs but just like having a certificate does not make a good teacher, similarly being native speaker does not make one a good teacher as well.

Or perhaps my personal experience is not that good !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-25 07:55:59 |Display all floors
Just out of curiosity, what sort of English teaching certificate is required when Chinese schools tell their foreign teachers to play games and sing songs with the students? What kind of teaching certificate is required when the "foreign teacher" is only required to entertain the students? Foreign teachers have always been nothing more than revenue streams for Chinese schools, be they middle schools or primary schools. Even in universities, FT's are nothing more than splashboards for English competitions, English corners, and sports days.
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-25 12:05:31 |Display all floors
cmknight Post time: 2017-8-25 07:55
Just out of curiosity, what sort of English teaching certificate is required when Chinese schools te ...
to play games and sing songs with the students?

Indeed. But it is only one area where the lawmakers in China are out of touch with reality. I would guess that the ones making up those requirements do not send their children to these schools - or perhaps they do, and that's why they try to adjust the reality with such requirements, only to very little impact.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-8-25 12:13:33 |Display all floors
1626548377 Post time: 2017-8-24 07:22
I know you pretend to know everything, but you don't have to leave China to apply for a work/resid ...

Oh, but you are a nuclear physicist and the Chinese jumped sky-high with joy when you applied to work for that outfit at Sanmen because they could never hire a foreigner through the regular mechanisms and pay him what he is worth. HOw much did you make?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-26 07:09:22 |Display all floors
90% of the foreign teachers I have observed in China have no clue how to teach.Why? They do not have a teaching certifcate from USA or their home country. Why? They do not have the degree for it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-26 08:00:19 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2017-8-23 10:35
And the schools who are not licensed to teach will be 1st in the queue to hire them..

That's absolutely right!
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows. — Bob Dylan

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.