Author: beginner2013

Is America engulfed in a Cultural Revolution? [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-8-23 11:42:55 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2017-8-22 21:55
You think this is all about Trump?

Think of all the people who voted for him or still back him no ...

I don't care what this is all about; I care about historic accuracy. The C.R. - with capital initials! - had nothing in common with what's happening in the U.S.A. If foreigners comment on domestic U.S. events, they should refrain from making misleading analogies. You don't want a U.S. replica of the C.R.! Nobody in their right mind does!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-23 11:57:30 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2017-8-23 01:06
What Trump is promising his base is to make America White again.  He has capitalized off the fear of ...

You are posting highly populist stuff too, you know. The way you are talking - twisting statements others made - is a populist trick. I don't believe more than ten percent of what you state as being "facts" any longer.

He fuels hatred of the immigrant - but he's really only talking about non-white immigrants.  This hatred is leading to discriminatory policies and even violence.

He is the son of immigrants too and all too aware of it, especially since his wife is an immigrant. Why then would he hate immigrants?

I think any native U.S. Americans should be concerned about demographics. The first duty of a national leader is to ensure that the nation has the demographic wherewithal to sustain its existence.

A nation that depends on the surplus population of other countries is not  in a good situation. To depend on immigrants is the same as to constantly need to borrow money from foreign creditors. Your migrant policies have far-reaching implications for the rest of the world. They have destabilized many countries.

That said, I have never heard Donald Trump say "Make U.S. America White again!" He has said "great". And great it was before it had the racial issues that it has today. It was great even though it was a country with racial problems in the past as well. Race issues are nothing new to the U.S.A. You simply have failed to draw lessons from your past errors, and you still refuse to.

The immigrants too bring racism to the U.S.A. You have not solved the old racial issues. Why then must you stubbornly insist on dumping people from more diverse cultures on the U.S.A.? It is self-evident that you are exacerbating the race problem. The Whites have now been discriminated against for decades through affirmative action. What good has this brought to the U.S.A.? It has failed to make life any more equitable and fair to non-Whites.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-23 11:59:26 |Display all floors
What Trump is promising his base is to make America White again.  He has capitalized off the fear of ...
He fuels hatred of muslims or anyone else who is non-christian.  How many times has he said 'It's Merry Christmas'?  The whole anger over acknowledging that not all people celebrate christmas - that some religions have their own holidays at the same time, for some reason causes hatred.  Trump is fanning those flames.

Anti-Muslim sentiments are not new to you U.S. folks. They have been going from strength to strength for decades. You are one of the most fervent Islamophobes yourself, JFenix!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-23 12:03:59 |Display all floors

This morning I watched a video taken of a scene in the Charlesville townhall during a meeting with the mayor. The meeting was disrupted by demonstrators.

I was shocked to see the scenes and to hear the vociferations. There were Whites and Blacks speaking incoherently and rudely. The camera zoomed in on a Black man and recorded his tirade that lasted the best part of 2 minutes during which the word "Foock!" and "Foocking!" was used so liberally that I forgot what else he was saying. I believe he was trying to pin the responsibility for the K.K.K. appearance on the major and he accused him of "incompetence".

Frankly, I do not want to live in a country run by such thugs. Black or White or mixed-race, they are a scourge.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-23 14:07:45 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-8-23 12:03
This morning I watched a video taken of a scene in the Charlesville townhall during a meeting wi ...

You wouldn't say that if you were White and your businesses depends on non Colored folks...  
Like land based war machinery and munitions,
Navy war equipment and munitions,
The flying warrior's exotic stuff and munitions,
Least but not last all crewed space stations to date, as well as the majority of satellites cruising around in low Earth orbit, LEO.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-23 15:17:01 |Display all floors
emanreus Post time: 2017-8-23 14:07
You wouldn't say that if you were White and your businesses depends on non Colored folks...  
Lik ...

Jumbo Dumbo,
I spoke in my capacity as a White non-business person with no ties to the U.S.A.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-23 15:43:40 |Display all floors
http://design.blog.chinadaily.com.cn/thread-1445014-1-1.htm
I had one thread on the culture revolution。
The most useful knowledge and skill that we are lack of is that of about human!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.