Author: ceciliazhang

Is car sharing the future of transport? [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-8-11 20:41:30 |Display all floors
tailorsas Post time: 2017-8-11 15:54
I still want people to take bus as often as possible.

I also want people to travel by public transport, OR TO GO ON FOOT AS OFTEN AS POSSIBLE.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-12 01:45:24 |Display all floors
It may be the future of private cars ownership (or lack of), but not future of transport in wider context.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-12 03:20:26 |Display all floors
if they dont offer PORSCHE 4.2 TURBO-DIESEL i wont become a customer of them
some day Jiangsu will rule China

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-12 11:03:38 |Display all floors
Other than reducing fuel burning and pollution, transport pooling also reduces productivity losses from traffic gridlocks and jams. This becomes more important as cities grow in size and population from more urbanization.

Understandably China has become a world leader in public transport innovation just as the world marvels at her engineering prowess in road construction from what is appreciated of her highways and bridges on the mainland to the Pakistan-China highway on high stilts which presages what can take place everywhere on this planet, not just on the One Road One Belt.

One invention is a public tram that does not run on rails but is guided by sensors that detect the boundaries of the road.  With her other leading-edge innovations in electric power, China will redefine the climate-sensitive future of mobility on this planet.

Onwards, Motherland.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-12 11:40:27 |Display all floors
ehhhh .. sharing bike is fine but car ..
Well... next time we might see someone throw a car into the river or just burn it down and they might say it's those car's company's action for taking their business ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-12 11:45:07 |Display all floors
markwu Post time: 2017-8-12 11:03
Other than reducing fuel burning and pollution, transport pooling also reduces productivity losses f ...
China has become a world leader in public transport innovation

Yeah, or a bus that drives above the other cars.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-12 14:01:08 |Display all floors
Push bike sharing didn't work so what makes you think car sharing will?
Stan, you're holding a gun to God's head. I can't think of a metaphor that's better than this.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.