Author: parcher

How often do you travel to other cities in China? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-8-4 07:42:54 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-8-3 22:44
Report to the police before you make an intercity trip?

I have never heard that. I was told that ev ...

It might be safety issues yes, but our PSB will be told when we check in at an airport or train station, so they will know exactly when we are coming back. There seem to be eyes everywhere now
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-8-4 10:44:38 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2017-8-4 07:42
It might be safety issues yes, but our PSB will be told when we check in at an airport or train st ...

During my latest application for an R.P. I sat in the officer's office while he checked my profile on line. He informed me of how many times I had left China, by which border checkpoint, and when I had returned.

I find the rule that you have to report back to the PS.B. after coming to China from outside acceptable and understandable. But to obligate a laowai to inform the P.S.B. of his intention to leave China or the place in CHina he lives at sounds ominous. It looks as if they want to make sure you are available if they want to take you in for interrogation or incarceration .

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-8-4 11:04:21 |Display all floors
lionstar Post time: 2017-8-4 02:50
" I was told that everytime I return from every trip away from base I must register with the polic ...

Not really. This is a regulation that came into force several years ago (I believe in 2009). One of the officials showed me the rule written in Chinese in a booklet.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-4 13:42:19 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-8-4 10:44
During my latest application for an R.P. I sat in the officer's office while he checked my profi ...

What about local travel in China?
is domestic travel now reported back to our local PSB..
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Valuable Member Medal of honor Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2017-8-4 16:34:24 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-8-3 22:44
Report to the police before you make an intercity trip?

I have never heard that. I was told that ev ...

You are stretching it too far.
Once you check in a hotel, you are automatically registered with PSB. There is no "alert" and you do no not need to "report" back to PSB.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-4 16:37:34 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-8-4 10:44
During my latest application for an R.P. I sat in the officer's office while he checked my profi ...
  1. He informed me of how many times I had left China, by which border checkpoint, and when I had returned.
Copy code
In today's world this information is maintained in "every country", and NOT only in CHINA.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-4 16:39:07 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2017-8-4 13:42
What about local travel in China?
is domestic travel now reported back to our local PSB..

No, as far as I know.
I will find out from PSB office ( Beijing ) and let you know.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.