Author: Sallywrj

What is normal in China but is beyond your understanding   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-8-2 23:24:42 |Display all floors
My wife spits in the toilet every morning for 5 minutes. I have gotten use to it. She has learned a lady in the US doesn't spit in public.
If you think about it the Chinese find it disgusting that you would hold something in your body that it's trying to get rid of. Makes sense too me.
She also walks around the house nude or with a nighty on. I don't mind that either, drives me nuts.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-4 13:50:23 |Display all floors
Sallywrj Post time: 2017-8-1 11:37
Andy Warwick lived in Shanghai since 2007, and he listed few things that he could not understand in  ...

or elevators
I am me and that is something you will never be, no matter how hard you try!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-4 14:00:33 |Display all floors
Dracarys Post time: 2017-8-1 23:15
It's so boring that everyone in this world doing thing in the same way ..

So being a dirty disgusting human being is ok because it is different?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-4 15:12:13 |Display all floors
Cdogg Post time: 2017-8-4 14:00
So being a dirty disgusting human being is ok because it is different?

as long as they don't offend people or break law .I think it's ok ..

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-4 17:03:20 |Display all floors
Dracarys Post time: 2017-8-4 15:12
as long as they don't offend people or break law .I think it's ok ..

Understandable.

Question for you isn't urinating in public against the law, punishable by a fine? So some one pees in a bush out of sight, not such a big deal. Peeing in a trash can that is located outside of the washroom is a big deal. Shows how lazy the care taker is and how they have no care for other people as they can't even follow one of the simplest rules of being civilized.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-8-4 22:51:45 |Display all floors
Cdogg Post time: 2017-8-4 17:03
Understandable.

Question for you isn't urinating in public against the law, punishable by a fine ...

Did you know that Chinese have a unique urge to release the contents of their bladders in lifts (or as you so quaintly called them: "elevators"?).

Many years ago I read the Singaporean government put out flyers to be distributed in all high-roses to tell people not to urinate in lifts. Why was this education campaign necessary?

When I moved to our current home I soon learnt that lifts/elevators in rural China have more functions than one. There was a family with two preteen children, a boy and a girl. Every time they took the lift followed by a trip by me I discovered a pool of stagnant liquid. Later in the day it would release its nauseating smell as it dried.

The family with the two kids moved out and there were no kids. Still I found mysterious pools of liquid in the lift that invariably started smelling foully. I suspected a man from the floor above ours. He moved out and the pools have not formed again.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-6 11:30:20 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-8-4 22:51
Did you know that Chinese have a unique urge to release the contents of their bladders in lifts  ...

Yes I call lifts, elevators.

Damn nasty

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.