Author: Sallywrj

What is normal in China but is beyond your understanding   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-8-1 23:15:52 |Display all floors
It's so boring that everyone in this world doing thing in the same way ..

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-2 08:28:52 |Display all floors
GhostBuster Post time: 2017-8-1 17:43
Yes, you are correct!
While waiting for flight, a young mother took her son to urinate into the bin, ...

Most people rushed to urban areas for a better life, yet failed to equip themselves with personal qualities.
I forgot how to forget.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-2 09:34:56 |Display all floors
I think what is most unique about China is the sheer size of the population and the economic (and often educational) disparity between the classes. As a foreigner, we naturally pick up on the differences between China and our home countries. We must keep in mind, however, that while we can absolutely critique and analyze the different aspects of China, we must also make an effort to understand where it stems from.

For example, the stereotype that Chinese people always cut lines or queues, is one that can be viewed at from a populous stand point. When there are that many people cohabiting in an area, there is bound to be a "eat or be eaten" mentality. This can actually be seen in one of China's most famous author's works. Luxun discusses this exact sentiment in "A Madman's Diary," where he compares humans to wolves. When there is too much competition and unrest in a society, humans go through a gradual and natural change, which results in them being far more likely to use whatever means to get what they need.

While some aspects of Chinese life may astound us and frustrate us, we must be sure not to fall into making gross stereotypes.

致我所知,中国是世界上人口最多之一的国家。人口过多已经造成了许多不同的负面影响,包括目前中国社会里巨大的贫富差距以及教育问题。虽然这些问题是刻不容缓的,但是当我们外国人进行讨论或分析的时候,一定要了解这些现象的来源。

比如说呢,”中国人都不会排队“ 的刻板印象来自于中国过多的人口。因为人口太多,所以这一定会影响到人们的态度及思路,使人们有较多自私的行为。鲁迅先生也反映了这个现象。在《狂人日记》的著名小说里,鲁迅先生把人比喻成狼。当社会里竞争特别激烈时,人类都会有通过自然的改变,变成更原意使用积极的手段来获得自己利益的人。

虽然一些问题及现象会令我们烦恼,但是我们还是要保持尊敬的态度!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-2 10:13:33 |Display all floors
tailorsas Post time: 2017-8-2 08:28
Most people rushed to urban areas for a better life, yet failed to equip themselves with personal  ...

Yes, you are correct!
Today, most Chinese from rural China rush into the cities without knowing what they could get but majority think that jobs are waiting for them. Indeed! Jobs are waiting but most of them could not perform because jobs that required specialized skills even for sweeping the floor and road!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-2 10:22:03 |Display all floors
GhostBuster Post time: 2017-8-1 17:43
Yes, you are correct!
While waiting for flight, a young mother took her son to urinate into the bin, ...

Yes, not only children.  Just this morning on my way to our local market, a man walk his dog on a busy roadside walkway, I couldn't believe a medium size dog can produce a mountain of sh*t like that dog, the owner gave the dog chance to finish, and just stroll along if nothing happened, and it's funny no one seem to care about it.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-2 10:55:52 |Display all floors
The concept of "face" is easy to understand but hard to really grasp.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-8-2 17:42:57 |Display all floors

Those who have been inside a Chinese home know that Chinese can be quite orderly and clean. You take your outdoors shoes off and either walk on the floor barefoot, or you put on indoors slippers - much as we do in the rest of the world. In one case I saw slippers in an apartment lined up in front of bathroom, bedroom and living room doors - several pairs of slippers to be used exclusively inside one room. Sure a most impressive way of keeping things "hygienic".

But why then are Chinese so unclean in public, discarding any kind of rubbish anywhere? I live now in an estate with green parks. To my horror, people regularly throw rubbish out their windows and it lands then downstairs somewhere in the bush. Public roads, sidewalks and squares are widely misused as rubbish dumps. The same people who are so exacting when it comes to cleanliness in their home...  

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.