Author: ceciliazhang

Are overseas study tours worthwhile?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-8-2 10:47:10 |Display all floors
ceciliazhang Post time: 2017-8-2 10:32
It is a sad fact that most overseas study tours turn out to be tours without the study. Charged an ...

That's right!
Overseas study tours are more about sightseeing rather than studying, and cost a lot!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-2 15:28:32 |Display all floors
KKJasonjiang Post time: 2017-8-1 11:54
I think this is significant activity, it isn't only increase the childrens english level, but also  ...

Please grow up!
Over the years in school did not raise their English proficiency and you expect that the short trip will do wonder for them!
Please wake up!

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-8-2 17:26:20 |Display all floors
Highblack Post time: 2017-7-31 18:23
Any alternative?

No. Staying put in China is so boring.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-2 17:46:37 |Display all floors
teatree16 Post time: 2017-8-2 17:43
How come you, as a non-native Chinese speaker, staying here over 13 years?  Use yourself as a most ...

You don't get it, do you?

I live in a FOREIGN country. I see a film that you call "reality" with my own eyes, every single day. I don't even have to pay to watch this film.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-2 18:31:06 |Display all floors
teatree16 Post time: 2017-8-2 18:04
The thing is if you are not happy with your reality scenes in China or anywhere else, then you shoul ...

A forum needs people like Senny,
They get paid to keep the fighting spirit up and their media job gives them a decent income, free housing and cost plus for every penny they spent for what so ever.

Isn't it ol'chap

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-3 10:19:32 |Display all floors
foreignchinese Post time: 2017-8-1 06:53
They paid for their own fares. Our country send monkeys for study tours on our expense.

China government sends tens of thousands of government officials to study in overseas. They learn how to enjoy good food and learn new ways to siphon money out of China to make their lives upon retirement less not so comfortable in China.
This is the real pain but China government could do nothing but watch them continue till China be owned by foreign governments!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-3 11:32:21 |Display all floors
teatree16 Post time: 2017-8-2 18:00
What the purpose of you putting on your 'color lenses' for in other countries like China?  Is there  ...

I did the same in other countries where I lived for a while, as I do in China: observe. Watch. Experience. It's a never-ending saga, all very different from where I grew up. It's never boring if you are an outsider. But it can be lethally boring if you are one of those playing a minor role in the drama.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.