Views: 9657|Replies: 25

Are overseas study tours worthwhile?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-7-31 14:22:16 |Display all floors
More and more Chinese students are putting overseas study tours on their agenda this summer. Consisting of language courses, sightseeing and international communication, study tours meet the demands of Chinese parents and students for a long and fruitful holiday, despite high costs of around $4,000 to $6,000.
Chinese parents seem to be more willing to let their children go on tours at a very young age, with the increase number of primary school students by 50 percent. Are overseas study tours worth the money?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-31 18:23:18 |Display all floors
Any alternative?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-1 06:53:06 |Display all floors
They paid for their own fares. Our country send monkeys for study tours on our expense.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-1 10:01:39 |Display all floors
foreignchinese Post time: 2017-8-1 06:53
They paid for their own fares. Our country send monkeys for study tours on our expense.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-1 10:17:13 |Display all floors
This post was edited by senoritazhao at 2017-8-1 10:23

I guess this phenomenon got viral on the Internet because China's middle class just started to boom at this moment. Years later, such study tours will be quite common and will receive more regulated guidelines, and even subsidiaries from Ministry of Education (hopefully).

I think the ideal situation is, when wealthy parents got as much time as the amount ofmoney they have now, they themselves would accompany their children to overseastours, trying to learn new knowledge together with their kids. In this way,kids could have a happy holiday with their parents, as relaxation from theschool life. For example, if my son wants to travel to spain, I would work hard and save for a family trip, but I wish he could spend some time to learn spanish before the trip. Once he could use spanish for easy daily conversation, I am happy to sponsor his trip.

Also, it could be nice if the Ministry of Education could place some guidelines for study tours with educational purpose. For example, all the study tours should come with some measurable outcomes; there should be a cap for fees of educational tours, and the best is that the schools could use free or subsidized study tours as incentives to push students to study harder and perform better.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-1 11:04:25 |Display all floors
foreignchinese Post time: 2017-8-1 06:53

Yes, you are correct!
Chinese from China spend money on almost anything. Today, few of them feel good if they do not do what the majority does!
REAL IDIOTS!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-1 11:54:25 |Display all floors
This post was edited by KKJasonjiang at 2017-8-1 11:55
GhostBuster Post time: 2017-8-1 11:04
Yes, you are correct!
Chinese from China spend money on almost anything. Today, few of them feel g ...

I think this is significant activity, it isn't only increase the childrens english level, but also learn exotic culture, enjoy the splendid scenery, it should be good experience. it will be great if the school can dispense
the subsidies to the excellent students.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.