Author: ceciliazhang

Would you buy US beef?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-8-3 01:11:40 |Display all floors
teatree16 Post time: 2017-8-2 12:07
For God's sake, almost every country hates the U.S. government including Australia.  I personally ha ...

hate Americans Not me..

The ones who hate the USA are mostly jealous.
Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured. Mark Twain

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Valuable Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Valuable Member

Post time 2017-8-3 09:00:05 |Display all floors
Saul Post time: 2017-8-2 19:48
We also had mad cow in Canada

The Yanks had one of those last election I believe.

All jokes aside BSE and other forms of mess will likely spring up as we (humans) keep screwing around with feeding ruminants meat based proteins and so on.

I view China's problems with securing their food supply as being a phase a nation goes through, it's certainly not much worse than the 19th century in many parts of the west where adulteration of food was highly common, for example using cement powder to bulk up bread production and keep the amount of flour used at a minimum in order to save money.  All sorts of additives that would be banned outright today and many other examples I could cite.

A few examples of food fraud in the west in the past few years.
2017 Brazil - Massive fraud revolving around meat and it being unfit for consumption. The two largest producers / packagers of meat and embroiled in an ongoing and deeply disturbing deception that is global in reach.

2013 - Europe horse meat scandal.  Fancy horse meat burgers or lasagne? This one caused a hell of a stink.

Europe / America - Sale of rancid "olive oil". This is a never ending nightmare that's been known about for a decade or so and so far little has been done to stop the practice on a global scale.

Other favourites for the adulteration business include "organic foods", coffee, honey and wine have all had massive global scandals in recent years.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-3 19:12:02 |Display all floors
Ratfink Post time: 2017-8-2 20:00
The Yanks had one of those last election I believe.

All jokes aside BSE and other forms of mess w ...

global scandals in recent years.......as long as there is greed in this world it will keep happening.
Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured. Mark Twain

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Valuable Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Valuable Member

Post time 2017-8-3 20:45:21 |Display all floors
Saul Post time: 2017-8-3 19:12
global scandals in recent years.......as long as there is greed in this world it will keep happeni ...

That's pretty much the case. Greed and simply not giving a damn as it's going to the 3rd world etc.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-3 20:49:12 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-4 12:14:47 |Display all floors
and now at least 3 million eggs "made in NL"
some day Jiangsu will rule China

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.