Author: ceciliazhang

Would you buy US beef?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-8-2 23:22:48 |Display all floors
teatree16 Post time: 2017-8-2 09:13
Why don't you relocate to Australia for their real delicious beef?

Relocate to Australia for their beef

Nah, I rarely eat beef, I am a hunter, and eat what I kill.

Mostly moose, deer, and small game.
Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured. Mark Twain

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-2 23:51:41 |Display all floors
teatree16 Post time: 2017-8-2 09:13
Why don't you relocate to Australia for their real delicious beef?

Right...move because of beef
Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured. Mark Twain

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-3 00:31:40 |Display all floors
teatree16 Post time: 2017-8-2 11:27
Because of corruption of your own country and mad cow in your 2nd home country.  Join Australian mus ...

No thanks, and I'm sure you don't speak for Austria.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-3 00:46:39 |Display all floors
teatree16 Post time: 2017-8-2 11:27
Because of corruption of your own country and mad cow in your 2nd home country.  Join Australian mus ...

Scandals in the food industry regularly jolt Chinese society into new waves of skepticism with Chinese authorities and their abilities to properly regulate food safety. From melamine-contaminated baby formula that killed at least six infants and sickened 300,000 more, to tilapia fish drenched in chemicals and antibiotics, the Chinese people have been victimized by numerous food scares involving inferior, and even toxic foods and products.

China’s meat industry is similarly plagued by abuses and violations as meat producers and processors circumvent the law to get a larger or faster profit.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-3 00:47:10 |Display all floors
In March of 2011, hundreds of Chinese became sick from consuming pork contaminated with clenbuterol, a chemical which can cause tremors, nausea, and headaches, according to the National Center for Biotechnology Information. Used to make pigs grow faster and leaner, Chinese livestock farmers started adding clenbuterol to pig feed in the late 1980s. Due to health hazards discovered later on, it was banned in 2002, but some pig farmers continued to illegally use the drug for profit.

In 2012, China’s General Administration of Sports issued an urgent demand telling Chinese Olympic athletes not to eat meat out of fear they would consume clenbuterol, which was banned in the competition for its performance-enhancing properties. The announcement came after Chinese Olympic judo champion Tong Wen was sentenced to a two-year ban for having traces of clenbuterol in her bloodstream.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-3 00:47:51 |Display all floors
As part of a nationwide crackdown on food safety in early 2013, Chinese authorities arrested 63 people for processing the meat of foxes, minks, rats, and other small mammals with unsafe additives and passing them off as mutton to be sold in farmers’ markets in Jiangsu Province and Shanghai. During the entire food safety investigation, officials arrested over 900 suspects for selling and producing fake or tainted meat products and seized more than twenty tons of meat.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-3 01:10:46 |Display all floors
teatree16 Post time: 2017-8-2 12:09
I always speak for my home country China, straight forward enough for you?

Looks more like you are speaking for Austria.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.