Author: Sallywrj

What should one do in their 20s to avoid regrets in their 30s or 40s?   [Copy link] 中文

Glod Medal 2015 Most Valuable Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Valuable Member

Post time 2017-8-2 12:59:51 |Display all floors
Sallywrj Post time: 2017-8-2 10:03
Thankyou for your advice! Very concise and impressive!
However, I do have the problem with the fir ...

Many Chinese people have big issues with driving in a safe manner. I think this is because they are not used to growing up with cars in their families.  As far as I can tell (having taught a few Chinese female friends to drive) the problems are as follows for many Chinese women.

1 - Lack of spatial skills
2 - Lack of understanding of the basics of driving
3 - Phobias regarding driving.

1 and 2 are the most serious issues.  Good spatial skills are needed to drive well, that is being able to estimate distances and velocities quickly, this also extends to spotting potential hazards such as roadwork, broken down vehicles and pedestrians.   It shocked me to see how many people on mopeds (electric donkeys) and stepthroughs (small motorbikes) never look around them.

Lack of basic driving skills.  I've watched a few thousand car crashes in China and several things really are noticeable, one is that many drivers and riders do NOT look around to see what may cause issues coupled with poor peripheral vision, driving in high heels and so on. Also many fail to drive to weather conditions. Overtaking when it is not safe to do so is another major cause of accidents.  Proper and rigorous training can alleviate most of these issues.

Phobias about driving can be dealt with but it can take a while and it requires a change in mindset.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-3 10:44:12 |Display all floors
Sallywrj Post time: 2017-8-1 10:16
Interesting
I would like to know your reasons on this

Agreement such as marriage was made thousand of years ago.. it no longer serve its intended purpose in today's society...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-4 04:11:57 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Motika at 2017-8-3 21:12
Sallywrj Post time: 2017-8-2 03:26
Thx
I think I will never do that

Lesson 2 your school of life ends with a graduation on your funeral day
Round Up is good for developing the mind

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.