An amateur photographer captures life aboard green trains [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-7-25 15:29:51 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-25 15:30:02 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-25 15:30:19 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-25 21:51:39 |Display all floors
I have taken these mule trains on my numerous trip Tianjin to Jilin and back. They make many stops and has to give way to faster trains. I always book the bunk as I will die with such long journey. Eight or nine hours to be exact. No, I don't use the toilet unless absolutely necessary. The scenery outside is always refreshing especially when passing through rice fields. I would end up daydreaming about life in the countrysides. I once took a train that uses coals to fire their water heaters. It's was nostalgic thinking that they still use this mode of cooking water. Gonna miss these trains and the fun of watching people eating instant noodles as though it was the best meals available in the train.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-26 08:17:04 |Display all floors
As a Chinese student who has taken green train for a dozen of times, I have NEVER been in a train like this. Green train ticket is cheaper than high speed train, which is why I choose green train between my home and school(north and south). The crew member would come back to train compartment once per hour to clean the floor and small tables, so the train looks far less messy than the picture. I suppose there is difference between trains in different places, which of course I mean green trains.
I forgot how to forget.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-7-26 09:51:44 |Display all floors

Travelling in such a train is a great way to get the pulse of China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-26 12:06:52 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-7-26 09:51
Travelling in such a train is a great way to get the pulse of China.

At least you won't get mugged, or should I say, your chance of getting mugged is very slim.  Unfortunately you can't say the same of your S African trains.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.