Author: Jaaja

Utopian world and how to achieve it [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-7-22 23:31:58 |Display all floors
Chinaman2017 Post time: 2017-7-22 23:09
Too bad I aint no scientist, or I would work on recycling shxt. Sounds funny, but big contribution ...

Perhaps your chosen research subject indicates why you are not scientist - that stuff is already quite easily recyclable. It's what vegetables and other plant life grows on.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-7-23 08:42:23 |Display all floors
Jaaja Post time: 2017-7-22 22:36
Some scientists certainly do have such ideas, but then again that applies to all people. Differe ...

There still are natural varieties that have not been discovered yet or not found to be economically interesting. Anyway, that's not what I was talking about.

I think the intrinsic worth (not "value" but worth!) of doing a good and meaningful job is not respected any more. People view work as tedium rather than as a meaningful activity.

Maybe the British - lethargic though they may be in other areas and lazy while performing their paid jobs - have found the Holy Grail of garden work. No other nation is so devoted to horticulture as the British. You don't have to be a self-sufficient fruit and vbegetable producer; you can do gardening with flowers.

If people fail to see how rewarding this can be they probably are neurotic and materialistic city slickers.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-23 21:38:12 |Display all floors
My "personal road to Utopia" is controversial. Many find it elitist and distasteful. There's no doubt in my mind that we can't make over 7 billion humans "middle class". My solution is to pay low-income women to be sterilized. This would have the following benefits. 1. It's "voluntary" not "forced". 2. It would both reduce the population and selectively reduce the % of poor people. 3. The payments (which would be generous) would immediately relieve the poverty of the low-income women and stimulate their local economies. 4. This would be a major transfer of wealth from the developed to the undeveloped world that might be supported by the developed taxpayers because they would see it as protecting their high standards of living. 5. It would reduce global warming by enabling lower production within a generation.
Without World Government we are DOOMED.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-7-24 10:12:43 |Display all floors
Ted180 Post time: 2017-7-23 21:38
My "personal road to Utopia" is controversial. Many find it elitist and distasteful. There's no doub ...

I am also in favour of a drastic reduction in human population. The fewer people there are, the fewer poor will be around.

But economics militate against any such scheme.

The Western democracies are now struggling to replace retirees with able-bodied young people to maintain the status quo of pensions. Fewser contributors means diminishing tax revenues and that means state bankruptcies on the horizon.

We need to do something to replace the USE OF MONEY so that states can exist even without tax revenue.

China will have the biggest need for such a solution very soon.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-24 10:24:33 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-31 18:27:26 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-7-23 21:12
I am also in favour of a drastic reduction in human population. The fewer people there are, the  ...

The contributions to pensions (and other transfer payments) need not come from (younger) human workers. Instead, the value of the production of improved automation and robotics can be taxed (basically from corporate earniings) to pay for these transfers. Human workers are not required to raise state revenues.
Without World Government we are DOOMED.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-31 22:35:20 |Display all floors
Ted180 Post time: 2017-7-31 18:27
The contributions to pensions (and other transfer payments) need not come from (younger) human wor ...
value of the production of improved automation and robotics can be taxed (basically from corporate earniings)

With this I (probably - room to misinterpret you) I agree.

When human workers are replaced by robots, we hear enough of workers going unemployed and how that affects tax revenues. But we don't hear enough of the actual reason, which is that robots don't pay income taxes - why can't they be made to pay?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.