Author: Jaaja

Utopian world and how to achieve it [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-7-22 20:33:41 |Display all floors
I think it's more practical to change shxt to food, so keep on recycling and save lots resources.
As in space tech, astronaults already drinking recycled water from their own urine, why not shxt.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-22 21:26:29 |Display all floors
Chinaman2017 Post time: 2017-7-22 20:33
I think it's more practical to change shxt to food, so keep on recycling and save lots resources.
As ...

But there is no shit in Sahara, and not even shit grows on badly enough poluted soil.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-22 21:35:57 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-7-22 20:32
If a Westerner pretends he wants to "lift the poor out of their misery" he is a con artist, a dram ...

Westerners (most of them anyway) were poor themselves once, and (again, most of them) have since then managed to lift themselves out of that poverty. They now pay considerable taxes to pull others to the same level - of course not often voluntarily, but through efficient tax systems in their respective countries.

This kind of technological advancements, that may eradicate hunger or whatever problem from world, leave that much more wealth for the wealthy of the west to keep to themselves.

Whether that (or any) reasoning makes the actual achievement (if such is ever to come) a con, a drama, or charlatanism, is kind of pointless argument. Nobody cares.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-22 21:37:31 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-7-22 20:29
Scientists can be interesting fellows to have a beer with but some of their ideas are so removed f ...
I would much rather have a garden plot of my own to grow what I need rather than to be given such laboratory food

Yeah I'm sure everyone would. What if you wouldn't have that privilege - would you rather eat the laboratory food or starve to death?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-22 22:36:51 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-7-22 20:29
Scientists can be interesting fellows to have a beer with but some of their ideas are so removed f ...
sso removed from the world's real needs that it would be best to send them to a mental hospital.

Some scientists certainly do have such ideas, but then again that applies to all people. Difference is that the rest of the scientists are either working on something real, or have wild ideas that can be made work.

much rather have a garden plot

On that note and in defense of scientists, don't forget that most crops and the methods in which you farm them in your plot, have been developed long ago by "scientists" and "engineers" of those times.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-22 22:56:01 |Display all floors
Chinaman2017 Post time: 2017-7-22 20:33
As ...

There are places and scenarios where even shxt does not grow, such as deserts and polluted land.

I know that for example in China there are many small scale farmers, who cannot afford an additional pig or a cow because they don't have access to enough land to grow fodder for the animals. If they could produce even animal food through this kind of technology, they would eat better.

In more developed areas, poducing fodder for animals by this kind of system would release land for farming vegetables for people, or let forests regrow - something China could use too.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-22 23:09:11 |Display all floors
Jaaja Post time: 2017-7-22 22:56
There are places and scenarios where even shxt does not grow, such as deserts and polluted land.

Too bad I aint no scientist, or I would work on recycling shxt. Sounds funny, but big contribution.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.