Author: JFenix

White America’s Unshakeable Confidence in the Police   [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-8-11 15:03:04 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2017-8-11 09:11
What came first?  The chicken or the egg?

Its already been exposed that the war on drugs was wage ...

You sound as if there was yet another conspiracy by the C.I.A. to implicate one ethnic community in crimes that undermine U.S. society. Do you really believe it?

I can't  comment on this because what you said is totally new for me. Drugs started their irruption in Western society in the 1970s in earnest, thanks to the Hippie movement. I don't see any connection to Blacks here.

You may care to know that among the Blacks residing in China, a disproportionate number of them is also engaged in drug peddling. It's seldom Whites. It's very often Blacks or SE Asians.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-11 17:22:09 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-8-11 14:58
I wish you could lay off twisting my words. This is tantamount to lying and slandering.

I have  ...

"But anyone who feels in mortal danger evokes the right to self-defence. Why shouldn't the police?"
Because, as I've already pointed out, they just get their certainty to get away with most stuff.
They should be trained to de-escalate, they should be obliged to de-escalate first and foremost.
Yet they continuously show escalation and only escalation.
And their Training only focuses on seeing things they don't know as threats - and killing.
Yes, there are "killiology" classes in the quick and short police academies.
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-11 19:43:32 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-8-11 14:53
Too bad. The police in the U.S.A. seem to have prerogatives analogous to the prerogatives of poli ...
To shoot harmless animals for fun... how depraved can you get?

But then again, it's not just the cops that do such things. It's ordinary citizens. Sometimes children who do it.

In the USA you are 97 times more likely to be shot by JFenix or a drug dealing criminal than you are by a policeman.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-11 20:47:59 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-8-11 15:03
You sound as if there was yet another conspiracy by the C.I.A. to implicate one ethnic community i ...

Washington (CNN)One of Richard Nixon's top advisers and a key figure in the Watergate scandal said the war on drugs was created as a political tool to fight blacks and hippies, according to a 22-year-old interview recently published in Harper's Magazine.

"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people," former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman told Harper's writer Dan Baum for the April cover story published Tuesday.

"You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin. And then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities," Ehrlichman said. "We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-11 20:57:41 |Display all floors
LCSULLA Post time: 2017-8-11 17:22
"But anyone who feels in mortal danger evokes the right to self-defence. Why shouldn't the police? ...

The police should "be trained to deescalate..."?

Let me suggest to you and to JFenix that U.S. citizens ougt to be rained to be compatible with their police and with their neighbours and families. That would be the biggest contribution towards deescalating social tensions.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-11 21:29:37 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-8-11 20:57
The police should "be trained to deescalate..."?

Let me suggest to you and to JFenix that U.S. ci ...

Of course they should.
Do you want to be stuck as hostage in a hostage scenario and hear the police negotiator brag to the hijackers that they have more firepower and challange them to prove they can kill hostages and escalate?
Oh, we kind of have that now in international politics.
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-11 21:42:12 |Display all floors
LCSULLA Post time: 2017-8-11 21:29
Of course they should.
Do you want to be stuck as hostage in a hostage scenario and hear the polic ...

If I understand you perfectly, you think the U.S. police should mend their ways (and why not, even I can agree to that!) whereas the kidnappers, murderers, robbers, rapists, shooters, burglars and so on can go on without undergoing any training designed to get them to behave themselves more civilly in the execution of their jobs?

So the police should be gentlemen and the criminals should be criminals?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.