Author: voice_cd

What do you think about China's PLA?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-7-23 11:13:58 |Display all floors
Chinaman2017 Post time: 2017-7-23 02:00
Which coutry do not have corruption? Corruption is not China's monopoly.
For the PLA, you cannot po ...

Corruption in China was systemic, it was not a few bad applies. It was the way of the country.

Nowhere else have I heard companies suffering, becausse of anti-corruption campaign reducing their revenues.

I pesonally know shop owners in China, whose revenue from expensive alcohol sales etc has dropped by more than 50% as direct consequence of anti corruption campaign. I know hotels and other establishments specifically catering to corrupt officials and businessmen have gone out of business.

I have no sympathy for those business, I just want to point out how wide corruption really was. Even if only small part of the corrupt officials have really been caught, the rest got the warning and stopped corrupt practises before getting caught.

Other countries have corruption too, but most countries have institutionalized mechanisms to catch them. They don't need to be lucky to get a new leader who wants to catch them. Look at South Korea for example - the leader herself was caught.

Well, of course there are other countries which have (unlike China, some still have) just as bad state of corruption -  Zimbabwe comes to mind.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-23 11:21:19 |Display all floors
waterdroplets Post time: 2017-7-23 01:59
Please remember that no country is perfect. The important point is that its government IS actively ...

In defense of PLA and your gratitude for them, PLA has not been that much more corrupt than the rest of the country. Especially considering that they have the muscle to be much more corrupt.

With that background, I of course understand your celebration of their success. Relative to the baseline of the country, they are not bad, and deserve the gratitude of the Chinese citizens.

It's just than in international comparison they have had too many shortcomings to be thankful for.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-23 13:17:57 |Display all floors
Jaaja Post time: 2017-7-23 11:13
Corruption in China was systemic, it was not a few bad applies. It was the way of the country.

No ...

China is NOT the best in fighting corruption, yet we have seen great improvements over the years. That's wot it counts. And legislation has been catching up on that. It's is the laws and regulations to stop corruption, not the political system.

Moreover, it depends on how you identify corruption. If any officials accepting money from any personal or enterprise is corruption, then the U.S. is the most corrupt country.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-23 13:56:03 |Display all floors
Chinaman2017 Post time: 2017-7-23 13:17
China is NOT the best in fighting corruption, yet we have seen great improvements over the years.  ...
It's is the laws and regulations to stop corruption, not the political system.

True about laws and regulations, but without rule of law, they are meaningless.

It is responsibility of political system to implement rule of law, but if the political system itself is above rule of law, it will not work.

The Chinese politicians themselves, leaders included, must be placed under rule of law. Will they accept that? If they do that, then also military, which is ruled by them, will better follow law.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-23 22:39:02 |Display all floors
F111 Post time: 2017-7-23 03:47
Your a parrot

You're a parrot too, to earn points on this forum. Useful!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-23 23:15:56 |Display all floors
Jaaja Post time: 2017-7-23 11:21
In defense of PLA and your gratitude for them, PLA has not been that much more corrupt than the re ...

"It's just than in international comparison they have had too many shortcomings to be thankful for."

aaww... Jaaja, you don't say, but I say the PLA is not only "not bad"  but excellent,  they not only "deserve the gratitude of the Chinese citizens", but they deserve the gratitude of people like you if you are living in China under their protection, and  in "international comparison" they are among the very best in the world like their Russian counterparts training in the Baltic Sea.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-23 23:33:54 |Display all floors
Jaaja Post time: 2017-7-23 13:56
True about laws and regulations, but without rule of law, they are meaningless.

It is responsib ...

Jaaja, don't worry your little head so much. The Chinese people and their leaders can plan for themselves what is best for their system, their people, and their country. They have done very well so far without your 'advice', and will continue to do better into the future.  Chill and enjoy your stay in China while/if you are there.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.