Author: ceciliazhang

Should confinement after giving birth be abandoned? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-7-18 08:40:24 |Display all floors
1105852048 Post time: 2017-7-18 01:03
Unfortunately, it is an old myth that simply refuses to go away. A woman should not be confined to ...

For a month? Well well she has gone too far..
But zuoyuezi is really good for women, at first I didn't believed it, but when they enter their 50s or even 40s, there will be a difference between those who were well taken care of and thoes who were not during postpartum confinement (yuezi).
I forgot how to forget.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-18 10:30:46 |Display all floors
Resting to long with make the muscle atrophy. Bad for the bones as well. Resting as long as it takes for the wounds to heal is optimal. As long as there is light activity during the healing process
I am me and that is something you will never be, no matter how hard you try!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-18 14:40:43 |Display all floors
tailorsas Post time: 2017-7-17 10:54
Zuoyuezi is nothing like this, it just requires the room to preserve warmth cuz women can be very fr ...

I agree that the woman took zuoyuezi too literally. There are some of the taboos which I find ridiculous and crazy such as no shower and brush teeth and that doesn't mean you have to abide them all. Well, we have to adapt traditions to suit modern conditions and not follow them blindly.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-18 14:42:24 |Display all floors
lionstar Post time: 2017-7-18 00:13
my chin. wife has 2 kids, she never....

She is so lucky since nobody forced her into confinement.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-18 14:52:00 |Display all floors
This post was edited by ceciliazhang at 2017-7-18 14:52

The image of the Duchess of Cambridge showing off her baby boy to the public has shocked many Chinese people, and there is a huge media coverage about her relaxed, radiant appearance and her freedom to walk about. In this news report from Taiwan, the subtitle reads: “No need for postnatal confinement?! Kate showed her face just one day after giving birth.” The newsreader commented, “A lot of people are so confused now. They think it is strange. How could Kate dare to go outdoor, expose herself to the wind, and meet so many people? Didn’t she need to be confined?”

Do western women observe confinement?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-18 14:53:39 |Display all floors
Cdogg Post time: 2017-7-18 10:30
Resting to long with make the muscle atrophy. Bad for the bones as well. Resting as long as it takes ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-18 15:23:27 |Display all floors
ceciliazhang Post time: 2017-7-18 14:40
I agree that the woman took zuoyuezi too literally. There are some of the taboos which I find ridi ...

I forgot how to forget.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.