Views: 1688|Replies: 22

Should laughing gas be made illegal? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-7-15 10:50:00 |Display all floors

(CRI) A recent article entitled "Finally I come back to home in a wheel chair" has been read over 100,000 times since its posting. It recounts a young woman’s battle with Nitrous Oxide addiction while studying in Seattle in the United States. She tells how it ruined her both physically and scholastically. Driven by stress and curiosity, the young woman tells how she became addicted to ’huffing.’ But after using Nitrous Oxide for a year, she began to develop major problems, including muscle weakness and incontinence. She had to quit studying in Seattle and returned back to China in a wheel chair. A young man from China who was also studying in the US fell into a coma for several weeks after ’huffing’ Nitrous Oxide last year.

Nitrous Oxide is not a controlled substance in China. However, its effects can be deadly. Apart from the potential of dying from over exposure to the gas, victims can also suffer from long-term motor control problems, potential strokes and other long-term problems.

Because Nitrous Oxide creates effects with users similar to that of other, illegal drugs, medical experts are strongly recommending adding Nitrous Oxide to the list of illegal drugs in China. Currently Nitrous Oxide remains available for purchase on the internet.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-15 11:37:14 |Display all floors
Even water can be deadly if you drink enough of it.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-15 15:36:38 |Display all floors
fatdragon Post time: 2017-7-15 11:37

So true!!!! To bad being stupid wasn't illegal. It is idiots like this that keep things like marijuana and mushrooms illegal. Whereas alcohol and tobacco are allowed to be consumed in copious amounts. Backwards society
I am me and that is something you will never be, no matter how hard you try!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-15 16:40:30 |Display all floors
fatdragon Post time: 2017-7-15 11:37

I have no idea how much water can be deadly. And water is not addictive.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-15 16:42:21 |Display all floors
Cdogg Post time: 2017-7-15 15:36
So true!!!! To bad being stupid wasn't illegal. It is idiots like this that keep things like marij ...

It is still legal in China, but with more young people addicted to it, the consequences would be severe.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-15 17:06:11 |Display all floors
ceciliazhang Post time: 2017-7-15 16:40

I have to get my H2O fix several times every day.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Valuable Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Valuable Member

Post time 2017-7-16 01:09:22 |Display all floors
ceciliazhang Post time: 2017-7-15 16:40

800ml to 1 Litre per hour is the maximum the human body can deal with, after that it leads to low sodium levels known as hyponatraemia which in turn can lead to cirrhosis of the liver, congestive heart failure, massive oedema and other issues. It can also lead to the victim going in to a coma and other not so nice things.   
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.