Views: 484|Replies: 5

Why do parents stay late at work? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-7-14 15:17:24 |Display all floors
1.jpg

A survey conducted by a US charity Working Families has found out up to three in five parents often work late and end up missing their children’s bedtime. The survey of 2,700 adults has revealed parents have been finding it hard to strike a balance between family and work.

What are the reasons fo parents who stay late at work for doing so? What effect does it have on their family? What would help them leave work on time?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-14 20:44:57 |Display all floors
First of all I'm sure that in majority of cases studied it is not both of the parents who miss the child's bedtime. And I think that is the most important consideration. If both missed the bedtime (or an entire year...) then it would be a problem.

The reasons why a parent may work late are of course various.

Some, such as doctors, nurses, fire fighters, policemen and women, waitresses, etc may have work shifts that cannot be avoided. Some factory workers also.

Office workers may have to occassionally do overtime, whether to meet deadlines or to afford child's education.

Finally there certainly is a very small group who may prefer to go to bar, strip club, or girlfriend after work, instead of home to family.

Probably related in China could be a popular current TV drama "First half of my live". If I have understood, one of the leading characters is a housewife whose husband worked late hours and ended up in relationship with a co-worker, leaving his wife and son.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-14 23:19:44 |Display all floors
Overtime pay? Can't stand the wife? Tired of the brats? Or maybe he is not really working and is at a KTV club with his mistress.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-7-15 09:51:06 |Display all floors
someone has to stay out of harm's way when the mother teaches their baby to walk, talk...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-15 13:12:42 |Display all floors
That's what nannies are paid for
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-15 14:40:19 |Display all floors
In the ciity, we need to take more an hour on the way home after work. And then do housework such as the cooking, washing .The time is always too short.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.