Author: senoritazhao

Report: Thailand leads the pack in Asia for abuse of tourist elephants [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-7-6 15:55:38 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Cdogg at 2017-7-6 16:00
tailorsas Post time: 2017-7-6 15:41
They say the back is the most fragile part of an elephant,yet people still ride on elephant for fun. ...

Is it really? I never heard that before. Gonna check into that.
Checked the facts, you seem to know about elephants.
I am me and that is something you will never be, no matter how hard you try!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-6 16:08:35 |Display all floors
This post was edited by tailorsas at 2017-7-6 16:13
Cdogg Post time: 2017-7-6 15:55
Is it really? I never heard that before. Gonna check into that.
Checked the facts, you seem to know ...

Not much.But I really love animals,so I read books and watch videos about them....Elephant is a highly intelligent animal with complicated feelings just like monkeys,I just hope it would not be treated that way,you know,being abused or famished to become tamer.Some of those elephants die from malnutrition,from injury,from sordid surroundings,but there is a great proportion of them die from fatigue.I get that people wanna get richer,but still,there is not much we can do.
I forgot how to forget.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-6 21:21:40 |Display all floors
.theguardian.com/environment/2017/jul/06/thousands-elephants-exploited-tourism-held-cruel-conditions
Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured. Mark Twain

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-7 00:15:15 |Display all floors
Thank you for showing some of the world the plight of elephants [mostly in Thailand].

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-7 10:07:57 |Display all floors
tailorsas Post time: 2017-7-6 16:08
Not much.But I really love animals,so I read books and watch videos about them....Elephant is a hi ...

I am me and that is something you will never be, no matter how hard you try!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-7 19:34:00 |Display all floors
Those wonderful animals in Thailand have a protector.  It seems.....

http://tinyurl.com/yckhz8yj

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-7-7 21:59:50 |Display all floors
There is another aspect of animal cruelty in Thailand: Thailand is home to hundreds of crocodile famrs. A total of ca. 1.2 million crocodiles are bred and raised in the country. You can imagine how crowded their breeding grounds are... The famrs that raise them do everything from breeding to collecting croc eggs, then raise them. When the crocs are one meter long or more, they are placed in open spaces where paying visitors can see them. Here they get fed chickens.

When they have reached their maximum weight, they get slaughtered, their skins taken to make bags, their meat consumed, blood and gall harvested for "medicinal" purposes.

It is a grisly and disgusting business.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.