Author: senoritazhao

Why robots won’t be stealing your job or leaving you bankrupt [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-7-6 17:23:28 |Display all floors
wont be long before people start marrying robots...
in japan they already have robots to fit what ever type you like..
Hailchina is after a sugar baby robot
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-6 17:27:17 |Display all floors
In RockylV paulie had a robot bought for his birthday. If you want all your house work done, these robots are your answer. They can even cook wonderful dishes for you..
i'll predict 20 yrs later they will be in huge demand
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-6 20:31:48 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Jaaja at 2017-7-6 20:35
human hand is needed to place the “stones” on the Go board

Well duh? AI can be created to decide the moves, and a machine can just as easily (or more easily) be created to move the pieces accordingly.

I didn't even bother read much more of the OP, since the writer's argumentation started to fail so early.

In general, AI's will not be stealing peoples' jobs, because most people don't have jobs requiring much intelligence to begin with.

Great number of jobs require intelligence for humans to learn to perform, but after that it is robotic manoeuvres.  Mindless machines will steal (and have stolen) many more such jobs than AIs ever will.

The definition of AI has been seriously inflated in public discussion.

With such extremely lose definition of AI, my job is to develop them so they cannot really replace me.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-6 23:28:23 |Display all floors
senoritazhao Post time: 2017-7-6 14:39
Another fear is that greater use of AI will lead to worsening inequality because large companies can ...

AI or Artificial Intelligence will know no limit but it cannot and will not be able to replace human beings completely. Service by robots is limited to monotonous repetitive tasks. Creativity will not grow out of AI. Mark that in mind! It is human brain that invented AI leading to robotics. This is the punchline that must not be missed.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-7 19:24:13 |Display all floors
China can leapfrog into an AI-run world in two aspects: one, building AI systems, and building new service paradigms which will grow when the hardware of AI creates the human need for services. As less do manufacturing, more will have to do services whose coverage will thus have to expand beyond just serving customers, and client relations.  Thus he who defines what services can be in the future world of more AI will be first-mover in making "services" a business game-changer in the world.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-7-7 22:03:02 |Display all floors
lionstar Post time: 2017-7-6 15:03
my job can't be replaced by AI coz I'm a Circus-Direktor

But before your monkeys get replaced by robots, the director has to go as he is more easily replaced than a circus monkey...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-7 22:35:55 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-7-7 22:03
But before your monkeys get replaced by robots, the director has to go as he is more easily replac ...

in my circus not the monkeys are the problem but the narrow-minded donkeys
some day Jiangsu will rule China

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.