Author: ceciliazhang

Who's the tech copycat now? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-7-5 18:05:03 |Display all floors
Another thing about WeChat is that this kind of services meet very challenging and even conflicting regulatory environment internationally.

Chinese regulations require such services to store user information in servers in mainland. That alone is considered a turn-off for many foreign consumers, because Chinese government is known to take less interest in privacy of communication - and by that mean the government itself as entity infringing with privacy.

But another issue is that other countries are increasingly requiring the same. Russia for example has similar requirement.

How would a service operating in international environment navigate that? If WeChat is required to store user information in China when in China, and in Russia when in Russia, and...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-6 16:07:47 |Display all floors
Jaaja Post time: 2017-7-5 18:05
Another thing about WeChat is that this kind of services meet very challenging and even conflicting  ...

Well, I think they can make the apps local, eventhough may share the same name.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-6 16:18:16 |Display all floors
Chinaman2017 Post time: 2017-7-6 16:07
Well, I think they can make the apps local, eventhough may share the same name.

And what happens when a Chinese tourist goes to Russia or Russian tourist to China? Will they need to install new version of same app, or register new account, because their original get blocked?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-6 16:21:57 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Jaaja at 2017-7-6 16:22
Jaaja Post time: 2017-7-6 16:18
And what happens when a Chinese tourist goes to Russia or Russian tourist to China? Will they need ...

It is bad for global development to arrange such artificial nationalistic protection mechanisms, and it is completely opposite to the development that most world world leaders, including Chinese, keep talking about in their speeches.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-6 16:41:38 |Display all floors
Jaaja Post time: 2017-7-6 16:18
And what happens when a Chinese tourist goes to Russia or Russian tourist to China? Will they need ...

Perhaps they can route to different servers for different user IDs. I don't think that is a tough question for those IT nerds.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-6 17:02:10 |Display all floors
Chinaman2017 Post time: 2017-7-6 16:41
Perhaps they can route to different servers for different user IDs. I don't think that is a tough  ...

Being such, I feel both qualified and inclined to say it is.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-11 09:10:56 |Display all floors
Chinaman2017 Post time: 2017-6-29 10:39
The dominance of U.S.dollar  is being wiped out, thats the long term plan

Dont bet on it.  USDollar hegemony will a very long time say another 20 -30 more years, provided Trump succeeded where others did not do anything about it.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.