Author: 1584austin

Airline info , add your own news as it happens [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-7-27 09:13:55 |Display all floors
I’ve been delayed 12 hours on a Xiamen Air flight from Xiamen to Beijing on the 24.06.2017.
The actual trip takes only 2 hours 20 minutes. It was horrific and without information written or verbally to be understood by English speaking travelers. Half the time we were grilled at the gate and half the time inside the plane on the tarmac, before finally we departed at midnight, just before the runway renovation works resumed. Hotel in BJS gone!
Lucky my check-in for transfer to Dubai only opened a 04:20 when I stood at the conveyor to get my bag at 03:00 in the morning. I did not sleep that night but I would at least get on the international flight. A lot of people had pretty wet eyes at the bag conveyors since the code share Lufthansa/ Air China took off just that moment from another terminal. And again, no or if at all, false information for the stranded travelers was given.
I have to travel to shanghai soon and i have my first class ticket in my hand already travelling with the bullet train. Only 6 relaxing or constructive hours surely arriving on time.
From October on that time window would bring me right though to Beijing.

Bye-bye local flights....
Twentyfive percent out of nothing is still nothing!

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Valuable Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2017-7-30 06:47:47 |Display all floors
RENREW Post time: 2017-7-27 09:13
I’ve been delayed 12 hours on a Xiamen Air flight from Xiamen to Beijing on the 24.06.2017.
The act ...

OMG on such a short flight

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Valuable Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2017-7-30 23:59:40 |Display all floors
1584austin Post time: 2017-7-30 06:47
OMG on such a short flight

EasyJet is “urgently” seeking answers from Nice Airport after a man holding a baby was apparently punched by a member of staff.

A spokesman said the airline is “very concerned” after a picture was circulated online of the incident, which occurred as passengers waited for a delayed flight to London Luton.

Arabella Arkwright, who took the photograph, described the moment a man holding a nine-month-old baby was hit on Saturday.

“The man with the baby… went over and talked to the Frenchman and the Frenchman didn’t reply, he just smiled and smirked and then whacked this guy on the left side of his face,” she told BBC Radio 5.

She said her 6ft 4in husband pulled the man off the apparent victim and “frogmarched” him away before police were called. Both men were taken away, but fellow passengers demanded the man with the baby was allowed to board his flight, Ms Arkwright said, adding: “When he arrived on the plane, all the plane clapped him.”

An easyJet spokesman said the person in the photograph is believed to work for Nice Airport’s special assistance provider Samsic.

A statement said: “EasyJet is very concerned to see this picture and can confirm the person in the photo is not an easyJet member of staff and they do not work for easyJet’s ground handling agents in Nice.

“We are urgently taking this up with Nice Airport and their special assistance provider Samsic, who we understand the person photographed works for.

The airline apologised for the delay to flight EZY2122 from Nice to London because of a “technical issue with the aircraft”.

The statement released on Sunday said: “Passengers were provided with updates and refreshment vouchers during this time and the flight landed in London Luton last night.

“The safety and wellbeing of our passengers and crew is always easyJet’s highest priority.

“EasyJet sincerely apologises for the delay and thanks passengers for their patienc

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-31 21:13:52 |Display all floors
'Incredible shrinking airline seat': US court says seat size a safety issue
Passenger group challenged Federal Aviation Administration after agency rejected request for rules on seat size and distance between rows.
A US appeals court panel has said that federal officials must reconsider their decision not to regulate the size of airline seats as a safety issue.

In a ruling on Friday, one of the judges called it “the case of the incredible shrinking airline seat”.

The Flyers Rights passenger group challenged the Federal Aviation Administration in court after the agency rejected its request to write rules governing seat size and the distance between rows of seats.

A three-judge panel for the federal appeals court in Washington said the FAA had relied on outdated or irrelevant tests and studies before deciding that seat spacing was a matter of comfort, not safety.

The judges sent the issue back to the FAA and said the agency must come up with a better-reasoned response to the group’s safety concerns.

“We applaud the court’s decision, and the path to larger seats has suddenly become a bit wider,” said Kendall Creighton, a spokeswoman for Flyers Rights.

The passenger group says small seats bunched too close together slow down emergency evacuations and raise the danger of travellers developing vein clots.

FAA spokesman Ian Gregor said the agency was considering the ruling and its next steps. He said the FAA considers the spacing between seat rows when testing to make sure airliners can be evacuated safely.

United Airlines considers shrinking width of seats, report says
Read more
The airline industry has long opposed the regulation of seat size. Its main US trade group, Airlines for America, declined to comment on the ruling.

Airlines have steadily reduced the space between rows to squeeze in extra seats and make more money. On discount carrier Spirit Airlines, the distance between the headrest of one seat and that of the seat in front of it a distance called “pitch” is 28 inches (71cm), which, after accounting for the seat itself, leaves little legroom for the average passenger.

This year, news leaked that American Airlines planned to order new Boeing 737 jets with just 29 inches (74cm) of pitch in the last three rows to make room for an extra row of premium-priced seats toward the front of the plane.

American Airlines chief executive Doug Parker said on Friday that after objections from customers and flight attendants, the airline backed off. Those rows will have 30 inches (76cm) of pitch, which is still a tighter fit than the airline’s current planes.

Flyers Rights said the average seat has become narrower too, shrinking from 18.5 inches (47cm) a decade ago to about 17 inches (43cm). The group got the judges’ attention.

“This is the case of the incredible shrinking airline seat,” Judge Patricia Millett wrote in her ruling. “As many have no doubt noticed, aircraft seats and the spacing between them have been getting smaller and smaller, while American passengers have been growing in size.”

The issue could wind up in Congress. Some lawmakers have proposed legislation to regulate seat size.

the.guardian
Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured. Mark Twain

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-31 22:00:57 |Display all floors
Saul Post time: 2017-7-31 21:13
'Incredible shrinking airline seat': US court says seat size a safety issue
Passenger group challeng ...

that's why I fly FIRST only
some day Jiangsu will rule China

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-31 22:25:25 |Display all floors
lionstar Post time: 2017-7-31 09:00
that's why I fly FIRST only

I haven't flown on a commercial flight in years.
Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured. Mark Twain

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-31 22:31:08 |Display all floors
Saul Post time: 2017-7-31 22:25
I haven't flown on a commercial flight in years.

then on what kind of flight?

on "This Flight Tonight" with Nazareth-Airlines?
some day Jiangsu will rule China

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.