Author: ceciliazhang

These Are The Smartest Nations In The World   [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-6-27 09:42:18 |Display all floors
This populist "study" is a Frankensteinian work that only serves to dish up cheap and meaningless stereotypes and clichés.

I.Q. does not equate to smart.  

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-6-27 09:43:16 |Display all floors
Who I responsible for this horrible ranking list?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-6-27 10:49:21 |Display all floors
Increasing Your IQ

IQ is often thought to be fixed at birth and yet studies indicate that IQ can be increased slightly by the educational system. It is only slight because most education revolves around memorizing facts, which increases eidetic memory rather than leaning logic which increases IQ. Put simply, whilst memory tests need the ability to memorize data IQ test questions need logic to solve them.  The two are different skills.
Learning logic and then thinking logically takes time and patience but an increase in IQ brings with it an increase in the ability to solve everyday problems which is socially useful. An IQ of over 150 brings with it the bonus of being able to invent which can be economically useful.
I always tell people that the best way of learning logic is to study and analyse the character Mr Spock (Leonard Nimoy 1931-2015) in 'Star Trek.' Further studies can be of Ancient Greeks such as Plato.
Logic, when taught to those with learning difficulties and strokes can be beneficial so logic is a beneficial tool for both the Educational System, and the Health System. My great-grandfather taught me logical progression as a child, and I returned the favour. Twice when he was confined to what was probably his death bed, I retaught him logic and got a senile man from his bed. Logical progression could become a great technique in our attempts to increase longevity, and improve life in the aged.

Giving your child the best start in life can be as simple as the method of child birth you give them, with a 15 point advantage when using The Buxton Handclap Method of Child Birth.

An article in 'New Scientist' identified why humans are more intelligent than our genetically close cousins the chimpanzees, and found that it was because the end of the umbilical cord was buried deeper into the mother, and that a natural chemical was the cause of this. It could well be that in the not too distant future women wanting to be mothers may be able to take a course of pills before conceiving, or shortly afterwards, in order to increase the IQ of their children. From observing the medical and educational professionals this might be more likely than using logical progression en masse.

Once you have taken an IQ test, it is possible to gauge everyone else's IQ by timing how long it takes for you to answer a question and then asking the same question of someone, say a politician, and timing how long it takes them to answer the same question. If, for example, they take twice as long to answer the question, then they have an IQ of half of yours!

I have found that logical progression does not work on those from an incestuous relationship, so if you find that you cannot increase the IQ of someone by the use of logical progression there is a reason for it.

People with a high IQ can find it to be lonely, the higher your IQ the longer the spell it is before having another interesting conversation with someone with a similar gift. The best way around this problem is to force the issue by teaching logical progression to anyone that you want to have a conversation with.

Live long and prosper!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-6-27 10:59:07 |Display all floors
My brother was doing grade 8 math in grade 2. He aced the national math test for grade 7 students, in grade 6. Then again tied for 1st with 2 other students in Canada, when he was in grade 7. He had the highest I.Q. score in 150 years of Lampton County history. A truly brilliant mind. He is still destined for greatness, what it will be is yet to be seen.
I am me and that is something you will never be, no matter how hard you try!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-6-27 12:51:36 |Display all floors
ceciliazhang Post time: 2017-6-26 17:14
China (average IQ: 100)Sometimes also referred to as the cradle of civilization, China is the birthp ...

"Sometimes also referred to as the cradle of civilization"

Only according to the Communist Party.

Mesopotamia is more known as "The Cradle of Civilization" than China. "Many inventions"??? ummm ... 4 that are bragged about ... possibly many copied and/or stolen ... but "many inventions"???
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-6-27 12:57:20 |Display all floors
IQ, or "Intelligence Quotient" is a measurement of one's ability to learn, not how smart someone is. You can be as dumb as a sack of hammers, and still have an IQ over 100.
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Valuable Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Valuable Member

Post time 2017-6-27 15:25:41 |Display all floors
cmknight Post time: 2017-6-27 12:51
"Sometimes also referred to as the cradle of civilization"

Only according to the Communist Party. ...
"Many inventions"??? ummm ... 4 that are bragged about ... possibly many copied and/or stolen ... but "many inventions"???

You might want to read (and learn) a lot before you make such baseless statements.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Chinese_inventions

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.