Author: ceciliazhang

Should students be required to clean their classroom?   [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-6-22 15:05:11 |Display all floors
1105852048 Post time: 2017-6-21 23:56
It is a very good thing, teaching students some sense of responsibility. It would be a good idea for ...

I thin you are right.

Coming back to China, though, the original topic applies in a far wider context.

In China, even adults do not clean up after they mess up a place in public. In every McDonald's or KFC, the guests take it for granted that some staff will remove their tray and things. I suppose U.S. Americans take them to the relevant place where they stack the trays on top of each other after discarding the rubbish in the bin. you will never see a Chinese adult do this - in any McDonald's. I did see Chinese people eaking their trays and plates from the tables to the collection site in an IKEA restaurant, though. There is a big sign  I English and Chinese that asks every guest to take their tray and stuff away after finishing their meal.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-6-22 21:37:42 |Display all floors
teatree16 Post time: 2017-6-22 17:20
Have you been to EVERY Mc'Donald's or KFC in China seneca?

Are you a Mcdonalds girl?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-6-22 21:39:37 |Display all floors
teatree16 Post time: 2017-6-22 17:20
Have you been to EVERY Mc'Donald's or KFC in China seneca?

Why am you intrested in anyones eating habits you wanna try some food yourselve might stop you whistling like a crow

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-6-22 22:11:18 |Display all floors
Thankopam Post time: 2017-6-22 21:37
Are you a Mcdonalds girl?

Please don't embarrass the Bare Naked Ladies by bringing them down to teatree's level. They will have to start wearing hair-shirts and she would end up with Kraft dinner in her kitty.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.
I love sarcasm. It's like punching someone in the head ... only with words

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2017-6-23 19:55:22 |Display all floors
When I was a kid in highschool our teachers would always encourage us to leave a room the way we found it. They would always be saying that we needed to leave the classroom clean for the cleaners. I think they were afraid of upsetting the cleaners. My classmates and I always thought it was odd because cleaners and cleaners. We didnt have to wipe tables down or anything like that put if we dropped anything on the floor we were made to pick it up and the reason given was so the rooms were not a mess for the cleaners. I am from Australia.

I work as a cleaner right now and I am cleaning a highschool. In general the rooms are pretty clean. Teachers often apologize to me if a kid has spilled pencil shavings or whatever - and I will say that it is fine and that I am the cleaner. The other day some kid put ink all over some tables and a teacher apologized and told me that she had tried to get it off herself and showed me the stuff she used to try to remove the ink. I said it was fine because I have some stuff called R7 that would get it off easy. The big thing in Australia seems to be to have some consideration for cleaning staff which is actually pretty nice and due to the fact that Australia traditionally has a very working class culture and because of that our society tries its best to respect low paid workers that do horrid work. It is very different to US culture that makes fun of 'janitors' and cleaners and whatever domestic service job it is - in USA they also make fun of teachers for their low pay and how stupid they are in general. USA society is elitist and it hates the low paid worker and spits on them every chance it gets. Australian society is much better and much together and stable. We have the highest min wage in the world and it is because of our traditional working class culture .

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2017-6-23 19:57:50 |Display all floors
When I was a kid in highschool our teachers would always encourage us to leave a room the way we found it. They would always be saying that we needed to leave the classroom clean for the cleaners. I think they were afraid of upsetting the cleaners. My classmates and I always thought it was odd because cleaners and cleaners. We didnt have to wipe tables down or anything like that put if we dropped anything on the floor we were made to pick it up and the reason given was so the rooms were not a mess for the cleaners. I am from Australia.

I work as a cleaner right now and I am cleaning a highschool. In general the rooms are pretty clean. Teachers often apologize to me if a kid has spilled pencil shavings or whatever - and I will say that it is fine and that I am the cleaner. The other day some kid put ink all over some tables and a teacher apologized and told me that she had tried to get it off herself and showed me the stuff she used to try to remove the ink. I said it was fine because I have some stuff called R7 that would get it off easy. The big thing in Australia seems to be to have some consideration for cleaning staff which is actually pretty nice and due to the fact that Australia traditionally has a very working class culture and because of that our society tries its best to respect low paid workers that do horrid work. It is very different to US culture that makes fun of 'janitors' and cleaners and whatever domestic service job it is - in USA they also make fun of teachers for their low pay and how stupid they are in general. USA society is elitist and it hates the low paid worker and spits on them every chance it gets. Australian society is much better and much together and stable. We have the highest min wage in the world and it is because of our traditional working class culture .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-6-24 06:19:45 |Display all floors
No. This would take jobs away from the janitors.
My problem is simple: I just know better than everyone-else!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.