Views: 1974|Replies: 5

Have you experienced discrimination during interviews? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-6-20 14:24:46 |Display all floors
This post was edited by ceciliazhang at 2017-6-20 14:25

Graduation season is around the corner. Approximately 7 million students are leaving their universities with the desire to land their dream job. For many graduates, employment discrimination has become a major problem, and there was recent outcry when a report by the China Youth Daily website revealed that more than 75.7 percent of the interviewed graduates coming from 100 universities admit that they have been treated unfairly in the job market, and discriminatory standards such as where a person’s hometown is and what zodiac sign they are have been used as deciding factors for employment. Have you experienced discrimination during interviews?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-6-20 17:30:38 |Display all floors
I am probably guilty of it myself...
I once hired a pretty young lady as my translator 8 yrs ago, when her English was not as good as the 2 guys who were also after the job...
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-6-20 22:41:14 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2017-6-20 17:30
I am probably guilty of it myself...
I once hired a pretty young lady as my translator 8 yrs ago, wh ...

in THIS case u don't have to feel guilty
some day Jiangsu will rule China

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-6-20 22:44:32 |Display all floors
anyway that's an interesting topic and one of many reasons why so many Chinese wish to get hired by western companies
some day Jiangsu will rule China

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-6-21 10:52:05 |Display all floors
If you think you have been treated unfairly just ask yourself this question: have I looked down upon or laughed at someone because he/she is fat, short, ugly, tall, thin, bald, missing a front tooth, wearing funny cloth, etc. ? Well, have you?
Welcome to the world, young man!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-6-23 09:49:34 |Display all floors
Interview is crucial. It helps to identify the potential candidate that will contribute to the company or organization. Discrimination during interview is inevitable. Sometimes, questions posed have no answer. Unfortunately, those who answered may prove harmful. Interviewers do boast and mock at interviewees. This is unfair  but life is!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.