Author: ceciliazhang

Is tearing up books a good way to relieve stress? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-6-8 22:58:09 |Display all floors
Two vodka tonics works for me. (work stress).

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-6-9 08:56:46 |Display all floors
teatree16 Post time: 2017-6-8 18:51
Don't blame anybody else' lifestyle or way of living since you are not them seneca.  Because you can ...

Don't tear up your diary, Incarnate. It might contain your private telephone number, the names of your mother and your father, your birth place and your address. Imagine if you had no diary, knowing how short your memory is - it would be a catastrophe.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-6-9 13:12:04 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-6-9 08:56
Don't tear up your diary, Incarnate. It might contain your private telephone number, the names of  ...
Imagine if you had no diary, knowing how short your memory is - it would be a catastrophe.

Or even an apostrophe.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-6-9 16:32:03 |Display all floors
I perfer they can donate these books the poor students.
I forgot how to forget.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-6-9 16:41:59 |Display all floors
Apparently, this seems to be a Chinese tradition. Back in my Uni days, I had the 'privilege' of seeing a bunch of exchange students from China tearing up lecture notes in front of me after their exams. I didn't think much of it then.
BTW, I still have most of my lecture notes, 15 years after graduation. And actually I still refer to them once in a blue moon.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-6-9 17:28:54 |Display all floors
why do you recycle these questions? are you out of ideas, or are you looking for some specific answer?

it's extremely disrespectful to tear up books that you are supposed to obtain knowledge from. looks like they learned nothing in school or from the teachers or from their parents. why bother even trying to get an education? knowledge is not given to disrespectful people, remember that.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-6-9 17:58:10 |Display all floors
Keith125 Post time: 2017-6-9 16:41
Apparently, this seems to be a Chinese tradition. Back in my Uni days, I had the 'privilege' of seei ...

It is not real Chinese tradition. It's probably the new communist Chinese tradition.

I was taught to respect books in my family (real Chinese). I even feel uncomfortable throwing unused whole textbooks into the trash. We would donate them.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.