Views: 1846|Replies: 12

How to get the spirit of language? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-6-6 15:13:38 |Display all floors
In China students are forced to recite too many poems, essays or ordinary texts. The teacher told me that “读书破万卷,笔下如有神!"-----You would easily finish a composition if you have read enough books!

Really? Who can read all the books in the library? Is it so hard to get the language sprit?
The most useful knowledge and skill that we are lack of is that of about human!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-6-6 15:31:30 |Display all floors
The politics book claimed that one basic difference between human being and animal is that the former can invent tools while the later can not!

We may think in this way: Language is special tool that help us think.   When I do some reading, I pay much attention to how and why the author thought in that way. Why must I memorize all his or words?

We have noticed one strange phenomenon: Those professors in the universities have read too many books but none of them have got the Nobel Prize!  Are you sure they have got the spirit of their own mother-language?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-6-6 15:41:44 |Display all floors
In your country, who is language master? How do you draw the conclusion?
What book can represent the spirit of language?  Some famous novels or poems?

No, I think the dictionary should be the soul of your language since through which you can gain the basic thinking ability if it has been well written!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-6-6 16:07:16 |Display all floors
Many university students feel empty when they are going to enter the society after graduation who have gained little from books. Some of them say schooling is useless! ???  What has caused the bitter fruit for education?    --------------The poor students have wasted precious time when they communicated with the book-spirit!      

In the physical education class, I had spent much time on learning Chinese martial art step by step. But I did not know why it goes in that way. Now, I have forgot all sets of them! But I can pick it up since I am happy when I do practice in my own style and I believe that all martial arts are to active each of your muscles and joints. So you can do what you want to and such exercise is workable!----------Maybe I have got the spirit for the physical education!

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Valuable Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Valuable Member

Post time 2017-6-6 19:10:19 |Display all floors
SEARU Post time: 2017-6-6 15:31
The politics book claimed that one basic difference between human being and animal is that the forme ...
The politics book claimed that one basic difference between human being and animal is that the former can invent tools while the later can not!

Whoever the author was he or she was an idiot.  Many animals use "tools" and quite a few species fashion tools, for example crows, some of the primates and even otters use tools.  At least one group of primates is about to be recognised as having formally entered the stone age as they are fashioning quite complex tools on their own.

SEARU.  I don't know if you can view this link but it's worth watching the video.

http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/2 ... ge-secrets-unveiled
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-6-6 21:23:44 |Display all floors
of course you gotta know the basic meaning of words and where and when to use them then you would know what people wanna say and their feelings through their words ..

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member 2015 Most Valuable Member 2014 Most Valuable Member

Post time 2017-6-7 03:31:49 |Display all floors
Learning myths

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.