Author: cestmoi

US Fed Quantitative Easing, Mark 2 [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-6-3 16:51:57 |Display all floors
dusty1 Post time: 2017-6-3 10:36
I never heard of this but it comes as no surprise

That was end of last year, Wells Fargo's CEO had to appear before Senate's Banking Committee. It was fined US$186 million

It was a collusion right to the top, almost,  to defraud the customers.
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member 2015 Most Valuable Member 2014 Most Valuable Member

Post time 2017-6-3 17:31:05 |Display all floors
cestmoi Post time: 2017-6-3 16:51
That was end of last year, Wells Fargo's CEO had to appear before Senate's Banking Committee. It w ...

Why am I not surprised a bank ripping off customers

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-6-3 19:20:03 |Display all floors
dusty1 Post time: 2017-6-3 17:31
Why am I not surprised a bank ripping off customers

Yeah, USAnian banks more than others...

Don't get me started.
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member 2015 Most Valuable Member 2014 Most Valuable Member

Post time 2017-6-4 04:51:46 |Display all floors
cestmoi Post time: 2017-6-3 19:20
Yeah, USAnian banks more than others...

Don't get me started.

Australian banks are not much better

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-6-15 08:42:26 |Display all floors
Rising interest rate in USofA
Notice how the heavy reliance on monetary policies ? Another indication that the US government is dysfunctional.

From NYTimes' Economy section...
The Fed, as expected, raised its benchmark rate to a range between 1 percent and 1.25 percent, citing the continued strength of job growth and dismissing, for now, the renewed weakness of inflation.

With rates on the rise, the Fed has said that it will soon begin to dismantle the last part of its post-crisis economic stimulus campaign by reducing its portfolio of more than $4 trillion in Treasuries and mortgage-backed securities. On Wednesday it described its plans, though not the exact timing.

The Fed said it would initially reduce its holdings by $10 billion a month for three months, divided 60-40 between Treasuries and mortgage bonds. It will then increase the pace by $10 billion every three months, maintaining the same division, until the reduction reaches $50 billion a month.

Shedding assets, like raising rates, is intended to increase borrowing costs for businesses and consumers. The Fed has concluded that the economy is growing about as fast as it can, so the central bank aims, by the end of the year, to return rates to a level that does not encourage additional borrowing.

So far, however, financial markets are not cooperating. Interest rates on auto loans have increased a little since the Fed started raising rates in 2015, but rates on mortgage loans remain unchanged. Rates on some corporate loans have declined. Measures of financial conditions have loosened.

Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.